Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fiberglass Gas Tanks? in fiberglass boats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberglass Gas Tanks? in fiberglass boats?

Wrong! Get them out now! The Alcohol they are including in pump gasoline will dissolve the resins and that is the varnish-molasses like black stuff in your intake system. It can and will eventually stick an intake valve to a dead stop within its guide! (first it disables your carburetors accelerator pump) I can speak from experience! If you think multiple fuel filters can prevent this from happening, you are mistaken! I had three.

I did find a simpler way to end this problem than removing them, I cut openings that allow an aluminum saddle tank to slip inside them. It's way easier than tearing it completely out. Any remaining tank glass sides can be used for storage pockets as long as you vent the new tank properly.

Hope this helps someone from ruining a good flat, since the fuel can leach into and under your boats glass floor and staining and rotting the wood creating a visible mess.
    are you trusted with the bird cutting? Have a great one!
    The reinforcing plywood inside the tanks two layers of glass, was soaked without any evidence of a leak!
Working...
X