Reason of cancellation for Pineville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason of cancellation for Pineville

At 3:00 today, the Mayor of Pineville and the Dept of Public Safety's Secretary called me and told me that he was very sorry for a major miscommunication in his group. He was unaware of any event on Lake Buhlow, and had issued a ban on any usage of the lake and facilities during construction months prior. The recreational department should not have allowed me to reserve the lake during this time. He told me that it is too big of a safety issue to allow this event during this level of construction. The lake grounds would be used for construction material and heavy equipment storage. It would require significant traffic control and security. He can not allow this event to take place during this construction. Besides that, our insurance would not cover us in these conditions. I am personally sorry for all of the inconvenience. I know it is hard for some people to believe that a Mayor can do this, thanks to the rest of you for understanding.

Secretary of Parks said that the construction would be completed some time in 2013.
    Shane Hebert
    15L
Working...
X