Race Equipment group buys...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Equipment group buys...?

I read about a club getting a digital clock made that runs on 12v (SOA I think it was?). You see all kinds of different clocks at various races. Many are pretty rough or not accurate and I think all of them are one off productions. That usually means expensive.

Has anyone every thought about a group buy of digital clocks? (Or other equipment) There must be 50 or more clubs across the various associations... If 10-20 clubs could use a new clock or new timers or laptops or scales you could likely get a good price on something designed well and made well that would pack up small.

The motorcyle forums I belong to do this all the time for anything from turn signals to tires to complete motorbikes. Granted a lot of the stuff we use is unique, but if you went to the various online stores and said we're ready to buy 25 GPS's or 25 Seiko race timers you'd get a smoking deal I'm sure. I think we just spent over a $1000 on digital scales. Likely could have saved a couple hundred if a dozen of them were sold. I'm sure there are a few clubs out there who would jump on a deal for digital scales that fit in a small case.

Anyway, just brain storming...
    Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"
Working...
X