Hydroracer Closing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydroracer Closing

Someone has stepped up and will be taking over the site. It will stay active at this time. I just have to find time from my regular 9-5 job to get the ducks in a row for the transfer. Until that the site will remain open.

I am sad to announce that we will be closing down the Hydroracer website at the first of the year. It is not supporting itself at this time and it isn't receiving the traffic that it used to have to support the ads that used to cover it's expense.

While I know that we will all miss the site and the history that it holds with the use of Facebook and other social media sites it makes the most sense at this time.

Teresa
    Mrs. Blueskyracer.
    Last edited by Mrs blueskyracer; 01-21-2023, 11:00 AM.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Thanks so much for keeping it going as long as you have. I personally have learned a ton here.

Any chance of getting a download of the forum contents somehow? Like a searchable library ?

Thanks again,
    Luc

Comment

Very sorry to lose HydroRacer but I understand the economics. I have looked at the site several times a week ever since I stopped racing after my Millville wreck in 2007 and always enjoy the posts. Thank you for providing a forum for racing discussions and boats/motors for sale. Sadly, the end of an era.

Comment

Sad to hear.. My 1st sip of coffee every morning is on this site. It has been a great ride!!
        Respectfully,,,,, Dave Viola.

Comment

Thank you for keeping it going for as long has you have!
          Kegs

Comment

Very sad indeed. There is no other site with this kind of content that I enjoy more. Thank you for all you've done.

Comment

Thank you so much, for your overwhelming support of boat racing!!

Comment

This has been a great site, it has moved a lot of equipment, connected a lot of people to the sport and provided a venue for very informative information.
                Thank you again and again.
                Bud Gann

Comment

Understood, but a total bummer. I’ve never FB’d and don’t intend to now either. That you for keeping it alive as long as ya could. Something tells me that in all actuality, this probably should have happened a year ago or better. Thank you!!!!

Comment

This website will always hold a special place in my heart and in my memories when it comes to boat racing. I spent many a day in school sneaking to the library to see what was going on in the world of boat racing when I first joined up. Haha. Although not nearly used as much as before this was an awesome place to come back to and to search up old information from years past.

Thank you for keeping it up and running for as long as you have.
                    John Mathews @ Mathews Racing L-390

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/johnmathews390
                    Instagram: http://instagram.com/johnmathews_390
                    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/johnmathews_390
                    Email: JohnMathewsL390@aol.com
                    Cell#: 318-794-4515

Comment

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. This site has been an invaluable resource for those of us who appreciate the history of boat racing. Thank you for keeping it going as long as you have. It will certainly be missed. I sent you an email Teresa.

Comment

A sad day for our sport…. It’s been a fun ride…. See you at the races.
                        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I think I have been here almost since the beginning when Dan started it. I know a lot of information has gone through this site mostly a lot of historical stuff. I know John W and I have been talking to see if we could get the DB's of the site. Please reach out as I would hate to see all this information disappear.
                          Youngest Member of the Flyer Raceboat Gang

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
                            I am sad to announce that we will be closing down the Hydroracer website at the first of the year. It is not supporting itself at this time and it isn't receiving the traffic that it used to have to support the ads that used to cover it's expense.

While I know that we will all miss the site and the history that it holds with the use of Facebook and other social media sites it makes the most sense at this time.

Teresa
                            Mrs. Blueskyracer.
                            Mike and Teresa

Thanks so much for picking up and carrying the torch where I left off, it's been one hell of a ride, and I totally understand deciding to sunset the site. Best wishes to you both and happy holidays.

Thanks to everyone for all the memories

Dan
                            HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Originally posted by Dew1us View Post
                              I think I have been here almost since the beginning when Dan started it. I know a lot of information has gone through this site mostly a lot of historical stuff. I know John W and I have been talking to see if we could get the DB's of the site. Please reach out as I would hate to see all this information disappear.
                              It's a ***** but doable, you have to set up the site on a home server or paid server, better brush up on your SQL and PHP skill set. It's all doable if you have a small home server setup where you can basically install vBulletin. Remember, you won't be able to access the data without actually setting up a VBulletin site on your home server.

Follow the link below to get an idea of what's involved.
                              HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

Working...
                              X