Minor project CSH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor project CSH

I know everyone was hoping for another major Bezoat resto mod but that’s not in the cards this year. Instead prepare yourselves for a mostly cosmetic retrofit of this boat. What is it? I don’t know, judging by the transom hight it’s a CSH. I also know it has a pile or TORC stickers on it.

What are my plans? I want more people on the water locally and have a spare 80. So for right now we’re just going to make that work so we have another local working boat. B14102A4-FE34-4ADF-B34C-4B34E754111D.jpeg

Not 100% sure but I think that was Tom Schnulls CSH boat. Ran a 302 on it I believe In TORCs CBF races.

Comment

Originally posted by Harold8 View Post
      Not 100% sure but I think that was Tom Schnulls CSH boat. Ran a 302 on it I believe In TORCs CBF races.
      Would make sense , it came down here with mr Fraser and didn’t make the trip back up two summers ago. It’s had a little work done to it since. That’s why my part in this will mostly be making it look fast.

Comment

• Albert
        Albert commented
        Editing a comment
        You can be sure I’ll archive my whole bezoat thread somewhere. Actually it did exist in real time on this forum as well if you want to see what non boat people had to say.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/fo.../178555/page1/

• ZUL8TR
        ZUL8TR commented
        Editing a comment
        GrassrootsMS site an interesting read from non racers. Thanks for the link

• Albert
        Albert commented
        Editing a comment
        Many on that site do race, they just don’t race boats.

C79B8FB7-30B7-4D2B-8023-E4F944449F97.jpeg Dust creation has begun. There’s a lot of paint on this thing.
      ​​​​​​​

Comment

Got an hour of alone time with the boat today to keep sanding. I blame rat rod culture...but I'm kind of tempted to just paint stripes then clear it. 500EE6A3-68BC-495B-B139-1B0BA84E0E8D.jpeg

Comment

It’s been suggested that the boat appears to have been built from a Sorensen kit. Some google-fu suggests that may be the case.

Sanding continues !

Comment

AFF04750-CB00-469E-BF54-D24997F283A7.jpeg Couple more hours sanding and I think I’m starting to make progress. Finding lots of little places that need some love before the paint covers them back up.

Comment

Whatever…. Just keep up the good work.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
                Whatever…. Just keep up the good work.
                Thanks Dean,
                This should be a quick cosmetic job. Carruthers did some repairs to the bottom last year for the previous owner. I just couldn’t stomach the white and grey combo. Needs something a little flashier!

Stay tuned.
                For now here’s a pic of some damage that will be fixed up before the new base coat goes on.
                3A861678-062B-4148-820D-C2068187D242.jpeg
                Attached Files

Comment

If all goes well Thursday night will be coaming night. The right side has definitely had someone exit through it and I’m unsure if I want to leave as it was repaired or try and do better.
                  Really I guess I could have left the boat as is, but that ship has sailed.
                  More dust created.
                  926DE414-F7B6-47A6-A6E4-187FDD93633A.jpeg

Comment

Didn't get anymore sanding done but I had a few minutes to spare at work today so I mixed some paint.
                    D53E01D1-4DAD-486F-A63E-B5B8429E3CE9.jpeg

Anyone wanna guess which racing livery I’m shamelessly ripping off?

Comment

Was beginning to think there wasn't any wood under the paint on the coaming but I finally found some.
                      CBBE50AA-3E9F-4B83-AE0D-FDA71D9E8D65.jpeg

Comment

Do you plan to it completely take all areas down to bare wood?
                        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
                          Do you plan to it completely take all areas down to bare wood?
                          I don’t think so Dean, would be a lot to work to bring to wood back to good looking. But there’s a 1/4” of paint in areas on this boat. I’ve found red paint, grey paint, dark blue, white paint, light blue, what I think is grey primer.
                          If I’m going to sand may as well take lots off then I will give it a coat of primer sealer and hit it with a white base coat then you see the stripe colours above.
                          I’m already in further than I thought I would be. I had planed a quick paint job and run it. But my other boat looks great and most of the other local boats are really well finished so why not make it look fast ? Then I might be motivated to find a basket case 102 somewhere and continue my love of taking things from scrap pile to making laps!

Comment

Cool…. White is good for seeing surface imperfections. Also, before the top white coat, a flat dull grey primer is also good for seeing surface imperfections. Keep up the good work.
                            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Working...
                            X