• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow....nuf said.
    sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• It looks great beautiful finish. Lets see it running on the water. Would like to know weight, I use bathroom scale at each end and add weights. On pickle I place front scale where your front hand grip oval is. Boat should be level.
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

• Albert
        Albert commented
        Editing a comment
        104 before I started paint. Will weigh it again once all hardware is on. No doubt picked up a few pounds in paint and clear. But just look at it. I'm pretty pleased it got a little splash of colour.

• I would not clear coat any graphics that you put on the boat, things change sometimes. It will be easy to pull off any vinyl that you want to change.

Comment

• Albert
        Albert commented
        Editing a comment
        All I was going to put under the clear was the name.
        But that ship has sailed now, it will be over the clear with the numbers.

• One more piece of the puzzle showed up in the mail. Baby steps in the right direction.

Comment

• Nice looking propeller....... who made it?
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• deeougee
          deeougee commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw a picture of the makers mark, F with a circle around it, definitely a France wheel.

• Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post
        Nice looking propeller....... who made it?
        Was told it was a France it does have an “F” stamped into the hub.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert View Post

Was told it was a France it does have an “F” stamped into the hub.
          Cool.... France is good no doubt about it.
          sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanFHobart View Post

Cool.... France is good no doubt about it.
            Tell me about France props, can’t find much online. Who made or makes them and where ?

Comment

• Go to ‘Boat Racing Facts.com.... and search’Part 9: Ron France’.

Ron is from Canada.... and was a very good boat racer.... Mainly running A Stock Hydro when the Mercury KG4 was the motor for the class. He built all his own boats, motors and props.
              sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• Albert
                Albert commented
                Editing a comment
                Good write up, happy that the prop has returned to its home and native land.

I didn’t mention who the prop came from but I do feel I was given a “new racer discount”.
                If that person wants to speak up they are welcome to.
                If not they should know I’m quite excited to try it.

• As demonstrated in this photo there is a million things in my garage. But there's no metric key stock to finish off installing the flywheel.

Edit: unsure why the motor is 90* off in the photo I assure you it's not that way in real life.

Comment

• Call Rick Montoya...... www.yamatoracing.com..... he is the USA dealer....phone: 206-283-4773. Call before noon Pacific Time (Seattle). He will have the key for the flywheel.
                sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• From being delivered in milk crates to running 80.
                  It fired up for the first time tonight ! I’m so excited. I’m sure my neighbours are not.

Comment

• Great job getting it running Luc it truly was a motor that I had gave up on because it was so bad good job bringing it back from the dead

Comment

• Originally posted by Carruthers View Post
                      Great job getting it running Luc it truly was a motor that I had gave up on because it was so bad good job bringing it back from the dead
                      I love starting with scrap. That way everything you do is an improvement.

Now get back to work on those other boats!

Comment

• Ron France , 'trailer balling' a prop (yours ?) @Dunnville, 2010? RF D_V 2010.jpg
                        Brian Hendrick, #66 F
                        "the harder we try, the worser it gets"

Comment

Working...
                        X