Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special K
    replied
    If my hull is not a bezoat then I guess my search for the book with the pictures is over. Where These hulls made by company’s or where they just crafted in people’s garages/shops.

Leave a comment:

• Special K
    replied
    Well that news brings me right back to square one. Could actually be a wood shop project after all.

Leave a comment:

• Flyer
    commented on 's reply
    This is definitely not a Bezoat the sponsons and cowling are different. The sponsons never had a lip all the way down the sponson shoe.

• Special K
    replied
    If my boat really is a bezoats hull, what could I expect to get for it if I decide the project is never going to be in the water? The hull has to be worth something as it is 100% and just needs the correct motor set up. I know the complete brand new megaphone header must be worth something. Seems the engine is a paper weight.
    Last edited by Special K; 04-30-2019, 06:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Special K
    commented on 's reply
    Still can’t find a thing on bezoit hydros or a copy of the book with the pictures

• Special K
    commented on 's reply
    Cant find anything as far as photos for a bezoit hydro and this thread has run dry.sure would like to see some evidence that my type of hydro was really a competitor.

• Special K
    replied
    This has been my most productive attempt to find out exactly what kind of rig I have here. These boats are so cool you think there would be much more info on any type or class of boat. Please don’t stop responding with any info you might have. Just hearing it could be a bezoit was exciting because it at least tells me I might not have a high school shop class project.

Leave a comment:

• Stocksquad69
    replied
    Originally posted by ronronx View Post
    Found on Amazon. $80.00 used to $344.00 new. Spendy little bugger. Googled Speed-N-Spray by Rusty Rae
    Right author, wrong book... a prized possession for those who were at that 1974 Dayton Nationals. 834 entries and only 15 winners... The times have changed

Leave a comment:

• Special K
    commented on 's reply
    Do you have the copy that opie see is talking about that shows the dezoat boats?

• ricochet112
    replied
    Originally posted by ronronx View Post
    Found on Amazon. $80.00 used to $344.00 new. Spendy little bugger. Googled Speed-N-Spray by Rusty Rae
    Anybody want to buy a copy before I put it on eBay?
    It's a solid 9 out of 10 condition, even 9.5

Leave a comment:

• Special K
    replied
    Hard to get any real good pictures of the bottom side and I have no way to get a weight, the transom was originally 14 inches high and has 3 removable pieces added bringing it to 19 inches to accommodate this service motor.

Leave a comment:

• opie see
    replied
    Oh Oh.... that's not the book I referenced.

The book you have shown is Bob Carver's photo "album" of sensational black and white photography... mostly from West Coast events. It too was written by Rusty Rae, but it is a totally different book than the one I referenced..

"Speed & Spray The Story of Stock Outboard Power Boat Racing" is the full title of the Rusty Rae/1975 Dayton Nationals book I cited. (I doubt seriously that it brings the kind of money Mr. Carver's book apparently draws).

Leave a comment:

• Special K
    replied
    I will post pictures later

Leave a comment:

• ZUL8TR
    replied
    Originally posted by Special K View Post
    I see the picklefork style and the runabout style all the time but not many pictures of my style.

Would like to see the bottom of your hydro including the sponsons. The weight would also help a lot for your plans.

Leave a comment:

• ronronx
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X