Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modsquad
    replied
    How about changing the rule of NOT ALLOWING MEGAPHONES, I know we do not have a chance in hell, but it would sure add some boats to your slowly declining sport!

Leave a comment:

• Dan M
    commented on 's reply
    Tim, I agree. USTS does not run OSY400. It is not in their charter. In the past, they deferred to the APBA rules when they ran the class. 2018 APBA rules state 14 is the minimum age. OSY in APBA does not use the same rules as UIM. I.E. stock gearfoot for UIM, no shaping. A call to Todd would solve this issue.

• T Chance
    replied
    Originally posted by Hydro doc View Post
    Still no answer, what is the minimum age?
    You should probably contact Todd Brinkman. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that it is the same as APBA or UIM.

Leave a comment:

• Hydro doc
    replied
    Still no answer, what is the minimum age?

Leave a comment:

• T Chance
    replied
    Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post
    Tim, we are talking USTS not 125 mod. Bud There are probably 20+ CSH in that area of the country and I have been to 6 of the last 7 Depue races and have seen 7 OSY's at the most at one time and 5 of the 7 where ( 1 from Maine 1 from CT 2 from Oklahoma and 1 from Mississippi ) . That is the reason they are not on every schedule.
    I thought we were talking OSY. From what I understand Yamatos are no longer available. But, anyone can build a 125 Mod.

Leave a comment:

• DiGia54D
    replied
    Tim, we are talking USTS not 125 mod. Bud There are probably 20+ CSH in that area of the country and I have been to 6 of the last 7 Depue races and have seen 7 OSY's at the most at one time and 5 of the 7 where ( 1 from Maine 1 from CT 2 from Oklahoma and 1 from Mississippi ) . That is the reason they are not on every schedule.

Leave a comment:

• T Chance
    replied
    Originally posted by baries View Post
    I would like to see the USTS put OSY 400 on at all the races, USTS needs an entry level class. I've heard the argument that 125cch is entry level, maybe to someone stepping out of Stock or Mod, but fresh off the street.
    125 Mod Fireball?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Rusnak
    commented on 's reply
    It use to be on the USTS schedule, when 4-5 boats showed up it was dropped.

• dwhitford
    commented on 's reply
    I agree with Bud. A 125 hydro class running 80+ mph is not a neophyte's ''entry-level'' class.

• baries
    replied
    I would like to see the USTS put OSY 400 on at all the races, USTS needs an entry level class. I've heard the argument that 125cch is entry level, maybe to someone stepping out of Stock or Mod, but fresh off the street.

Leave a comment:

• pops67g
    replied
    OSY is run only at the Nationals at DePue, not at any of the other series races. Perhaps I am wrong to assume this but to be legal for OSY the boat and driver must comply with UIM rules. How's that for muddying up the waters?

Leave a comment:

• Jack Stotts
    replied
    I also noticed that OSY was not listed.

Leave a comment:

• DiGia54D
    replied
    It doesn't list OSY for Minimum age in the 2018 book only k-pro -1100.. But maybe on another page i missed. Open up Rule book on USTS site.

Leave a comment:

• Hydro doc
    started a topic USTS rules

USTS rules

What is the minimum age to participate in OSY 400 in the USTS races?
Working...
X