Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burl11
    replied
    Here are the NOA hydro/runabout records as of 1969.

Leave a comment:

• T Chance
    replied
    Originally posted by Smitty View Post
    To the question of when NOA closed shop, I'll add, Why?? I only ever got to one of their races, the NOA Nationals at Forest Lake, MN, in '68. Good turnout, well-run; Papa Smith was one of the inspectors, I believe.

For that matter, is AOF out of business, and if so, why?
    Why? I was there and I really can't remember why. It was the NOA World Championships in Alexandria, Louisiana. We had a secret meeting. Secret?? Everybody knew about it except Claude Fox and Carl Rylee, and in retrospect they probably knew all about it. We all were unhappy with the direction NOA was going but today I can't remember why. But the NOA Pro and Mod clubs split away and joined either AOF or APBA. In 1983 we, the leadship of The U.S. Title Series met with Claude Fox about reviving NOA but aligned with APBA instead. As far as AOF is concerned, Carl Staron puts on an AOF sanctioned event in Florida every year.

Leave a comment:

• DiGia54D
    replied
    AOF tried to have some races up to maybe 5 years ago... don't think more than a few boats ever showed up... I would think most AOF drivers are NBRA

Leave a comment:

• Smitty
    replied
    To the question of when NOA closed shop, I'll add, Why?? I only ever got to one of their races, the NOA Nationals at Forest Lake, MN, in '68. Good turnout, well-run; Papa Smith was one of the inspectors, I believe.

For that matter, is AOF out of business, and if so, why?

Leave a comment:

• T Chance
    replied
    Originally posted by burl11 View Post
    Do you know the last year for NOA? I have the records published in the 1969 NOA rulebook.
    The last NOA North/South race ever held was in 1974. Jimmy Adherholdt was high-point driver for the South and won the Title of "General Lee". I was "General Grant" for the North. I don't know if there were any othe NOA races after that, but I do know that was the final North/South race.

Leave a comment:

• johnml390
    commented on 's reply
    I do not off hand.

I’d love to see the 1969 records though! Anyway you could take some photos of those and post them?

• burl11
    replied
    Do you know the last year for NOA? I have the records published in the 1969 NOA rulebook.

Leave a comment:

• johnml390
    started a topic NOA Closed Course/Straightaway Records

NOA Closed Course/Straightaway Records

Is there a list anywhere of the last known NOA Records per class anywhere online? I have found many records listed from back in those days but was curious if there was somewhere to see the last known records for each class come the end of the NOA. Thank you for any responses.
Working...
X