Racer Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racer Schools

Someone posted asking for info on Racer School stats... Here are mine for the Toronto Outboard Racing Club

School has been going for 6 years
    51 students (I like about 8 students in the group due to time/volunteers/equipment)
    41 males, 17 went on to race (41% conversion)
    10 females, 8 went on to race (80% conversion)
    25 total went on to race at an event separate from the school weekend
    Overall 49% conversion to racer which I think is incredibly good.
    Average student age is 26
    Average age who went on to race 20
    Oldest student 69 (and he's racing regular)
    Youngest student 9

We can only do our school at Waterford Ontario since Haliburton and Gravenhurst sites don't permit Friday use of the water.
    Unfortunately we have had to turn a few people away. We direct them to local USA schools that a couple of them have done. The last two years we ran 11 students though, that's my max for personal stress, haha. 7 of 8 spots are verbally spoken for 2019 already. I book until 8 is full, then ask the club if they want to potentially forfeit testing time to get more students on the water.

Also, we started out charging $75 for the school (Canadian) which did not cover the medic expenses. And we found we got more joy riders than we wanted too. We've gradually upped the price over the years and are now at $149 which seems to be giving a nice balance.

All equipment is volunteered by racers except helmets. Club bought all new helmets for the school last year and they are available at regular races for if someone breaks something and needs a lid. I dream of having our own outfits for the school... but the logistics of maintenance, storage, transportation is too much for our club. I take care of the helmets and couple donated kevlars suits.

I would be curious to see what other clubs find for stats.

Fralick Racing
    Like our Facebook Team page "Here"
Working...
X