Clear All

• thetrailergod
    replied
    Pineville La, perfect spot for this

Leave a comment:

• T Chance
    replied
    Originally posted by johnml390 View Post
    I thoroughly believe that the event could be run off in 3 days. 36 classes split between 3 days would put 12 classes per day. Allow testing during the week leading up to the race. Start racing on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday around 10am and race until 5pm if needed. Keep ALL classes running under a 2 heat final/3 lap format. If eliminations are needed.. run them the same day as the class’ finals are scheduled to eliminate a lot of motor swaps, etc. Maybe looking at a new elimination format would help save some time as well. It can be done. Would just have to have a little give and take from everyone to make it successful.

As far as 175cc Runabout. I’d say schedule it. If no one showed up to run it. Fine. But have it there just in case as it IS a legal class that could run. Allow all legal 125cc Runabouts to step up and run the class also and you never know.. could end up having the guys show up to run after all with the promise of a decent field.
    We plan on running two 125 Runabouts next year plus we have two 175 motors. A two cylinder 175 is so much more forgiving than a single cylinder 125. Given a choice we would run the 175.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Rusnak
    commented on 's reply
    I have said this before but if you can't get 12 boats in a final class no National Championship should be awarded. It should be up to the drivers to make sure there are enough boats in their own class. There is a big difference being crowned winning with 30 boats than winning with 6 boats. Just my opinion.

• dil/viller
    replied
    a simple thought from a simple mind, clubs are working hard at getting new racers to join in the sport. Some / most classes are struggling to even get to the 3 and 4 boats needed to race. Stock and Mod classes / drivers [ mostly the larger ones ] are appreciative when we see the class will race for the day. So, lot's of classes and a few boats in each is where we are at these day's. From my perspective [ being a current member of the one patch gang ], winning a national championship [ regardless of the boat count ] does means something.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Rusnak
    replied
    [QUOTE=Nuch9f;n467240]Nationals have been run in the 70 deys with over 800 entires.They rain eliminations finales on Saturday and Sunday.

I remember those days, don't think we will ever get back to the amount of entries. There were J,A,B,C,D in Hydro and runabout period. Again, we did not have as many different classes as we have now with few boats in them. Winning a national championship really meant something.

Leave a comment:

• Nuch9f
    replied
    Nationals have been run in the 70 deys with over 800 entires.They rain eliminations finales on Saturday and Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• johnml390
    replied
    Bumping this back to the top.

Leave a comment:

• johnml390
    commented on 's reply
    I know that it isn't raced but according to the USTS Rule Book it is still a class that can be run (for the USTS only of course.) I know it's no longer a class in the APBA though. But still would be cool to have it raced. I'm sure it wouldn't take much convincing to get this class to be participated in at a event such as what we are discussing. If not.. shorter schedule and more time saved. So it works out. Haha.

This post has been great. I'm really hoping that something can come from these discussions. For the greater good of all of us.

• DiGia54D
    commented on 's reply
    John, there is no such class as 175 runabout. That's why Rex said not to worry about them. I like what you are trying to do and would be bad ass if you get it to happen. I think in the near future you need to get on the phone with Todd Brinkman with your idea.

• johnml390
    replied
    Originally posted by pav225 View Post
    Cool ideas John. Would you mind adding which motors could run in each class?
    Thanks!
    - Mike
    What’s your email? My next available time I’m near a computer I’ll email you the little sheet I typed up while looking at all of this. (Not certain how to post it here as I’m not the most computer savvy person at times. Haha.)

Leave a comment:

• johnml390
    replied
    I thoroughly believe that the event could be run off in 3 days. 36 classes split between 3 days would put 12 classes per day. Allow testing during the week leading up to the race. Start racing on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday around 10am and race until 5pm if needed. Keep ALL classes running under a 2 heat final/3 lap format. If eliminations are needed.. run them the same day as the class’ finals are scheduled to eliminate a lot of motor swaps, etc. Maybe looking at a new elimination format would help save some time as well. It can be done. Would just have to have a little give and take from everyone to make it successful.

As far as 175cc Runabout. I’d say schedule it. If no one showed up to run it. Fine. But have it there just in case as it IS a legal class that could run. Allow all legal 125cc Runabouts to step up and run the class also and you never know.. could end up having the guys show up to run after all with the promise of a decent field.

Leave a comment:

• DiGia54D
    commented on 's reply
    it would be 4-5 days... No nationals is a 2 day event

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    Just a comment... and this has been discussed previously....... With that many classes, is there enough time between a Monday and Saturday or Sunday?

Leave a comment:

• hshawwpba
    commented on 's reply
    If I read the classes and do the math it would appear that you will need more than 2 days to run the event.
    If you use the 3 heat format that the Pro category runs it would eliminate the need to elimination heats in stock and mod. If you run 1 heat eliminations and then 2 final heats as stock and mod normally do (except at nationals they run 2 elimination heats) that expands the program out farther.
    Here is what I see based on looking at time to run heats and number of classes and needed elimination heats.
    36 classes time to run 3 lap heats with no delays is 9 min. with 75% of heats having eliminations would be a total of 16.2 hours needed each day to run all classes.
    Unless you have a lighted track not sure there would be enough daylight to get all classes done in 2 days!
    Plus you need to consider your support staff ( rescue, scores, inspector, ambulance staff) not sure they would sign up for a 16 hour day!
    If you run the Pro format 3 heat for all classes that would eliminate any need for elimination heats then you have 108 heats and based on 9 min. per heat and no delays ( anyone that has run a race knows there is no such thing as no delays) the time needed to run all classes would be 14.8 hours per day!
    Might get this done if you start at 6 am and run non stop until 8:30 pm each day but that would be a tall task!
    I think you could easily do it in a 3 day format but you would still be looking at long racing day each day.
    I like the idea and it would be a very cool thing to do if the 3 divisions could agree on format (that would be a big change for the stock group) based on what they normally run at national events.

Just my thoughts on this great idea I am sure someone will maybe see something I have missed or have a improved format idea to share on this. I hope it can be worked out it would be great for the sport and fans to watch if progressive thinking can occur!

What a great site you have proposed with all the other activities going on it would be a must attend event in my mind!

• Rex Hall
    commented on 's reply
    Pro does have inspections, just bore and stroke.
Working...
X