Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnml390
    commented on 's reply
    This placed looked beautiful from the videos and pictures I saw of it.

• johnml390
    replied
    This is an idea that I am totally in favor of. I believe that a super nationals made up of APBA's Stock, Modified, Junior, and PRO categories would only make for a successful venture. Sure it would take a lot of work. But it's the direction that boat racing (at least our style of racing) needs to go.

Now for the future.. a one off event being held somewhere that combines all of us into one racing group would be a very good idea as well! The APBA (CBF/UIM perhaps also?), AOF, NBRA, & USTS all coming together for one super event would be the pinnacle. Maybe something being dubbed a type of global championship? Could maybe entice a few of our overseas friends to make a trip over to play with us for such an event. If this were to ever occur, we would need to figure out a slightly changed up class structure as to create something that works for all members of the varying associations, etc. Would take some open minds.. but I believe it could most certainly be accomplished.

Leave a comment:

• rcnfan71
    replied
    Could Depue IL hold it.

Leave a comment:

• jsilvestri
    replied
    Springfield Ohio is the perfect spot! I raced there two weeks ago and will drive by it going to Dayton this weekend!

Leave a comment:

• Racerkyle20
    replied
    I have not been, but can't wait until 2020 for Springfield, Ohio. Sounds like a great spot logistically. "center of country" for you Midwest/East coast folk. Not the worst drive from West coast.

Inspection: Daren, PRO basically doesn't have inspection besides OSY/KPRO. So inspection teams should be able to handle two extra classes that are stock motors anyway.
    Volunteers: Never seen an issue with the volunteer sign up sheets at registration (besides this year's Moses). With mandatory 2-3 sets per driver.

If this were to happen I'd want to see us start racing Monday with the thought to finish Friday eve or Sat morning. Testing every morning for classes running that day for 1 hour. Expect a week long event, especially if this is a centrally located spot. You could see 500 entries.

I can't see this being a bad thing, you just need the right venue with decent amount of pit space and a race committee made up from multiple categories and regions.
    Last edited by Racerkyle20; 08-22-2018, 06:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Racerkyle20
    commented on 's reply
    Bummer I was hoping early August and do some one stop shopping with Top 0.....I plan on doing both next year. We'll make it work.

• mercguy
    replied
    what some of you are leaving out or forgetting is one of the most important things at Nationals...………….inspection...……...unless you have a team of 4 inspectors, you are not going to get it all done in 4 days...……….you also need a ton of volunteers for jobs other than course duties...………as anyone that has put on Nationals before, it is not an easy task to do...………..

Leave a comment:

• M Miner
    replied
    Sounds like there are great ideas for a super Nationals. I am very new to boat racing and this is what I see.APBA ,NBRA. AOAand the USTS. Why is there at least 4 racing organizations in the us? It's because they have different ideas for success.And each group pulls boats from each . If we want boat numbers up UNITE under one organization . How many organizations we're there in the 50s and 60s? It will never be like it was but there is strength in numbers. So stop the bickering about each group and get together with them.

Leave a comment:

• guedo499
    replied
    SOA just ran 182 entries of Stock, Mod and Pro (Divisionals) with with elims and finals in one day. I'm sure Dayton will have similar numbers. Super Nationals can be done in four days; AM testing for one hour if you race that day, no testing earlier in the week. Move in on Monday, race Tuesday-Friday. People traveling will only need to take off 5 days of work, not 7/8.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Rusnak
    replied
    The PRO/MOD nationals worked. Plenty of testing and these two categories make for a great show.

Leave a comment:

• flatsmoke
    replied
    How about the Pro and Mod agreement for 5 years?

Leave a comment:

• Graham
    replied
    OK, guys and gals let's not read about this next year all over again. Let's get this done. Get all the necessary key folks together and find a timely solution. We have been on the moon for some time now so this should be easy. Great idea.

Leave a comment:

• CSR4C
    commented on 's reply
    835 at Dayton 1974 & almost the same in 1975 Stock Classes only. The slowest winning time did not make it to the finals in ASH! We all love the sound of the converted 20H, but after 4 hours on elems. in BSH, that was enough of the noise.

• DeanFHobart
    replied
    A Super Nationals would and could be a cool event. The Stock/Mod/J Nationals at Moses Lake this year had a few Pro Alky classes run also. Seattle Outboard Association always has Stocks, Mods, J and Pro classes at their races.

Have a discussion of this at the Annual Meeting.

Leave a comment:

• pav225
    replied
    To keep the ball rolling...

Dayton had 600+ entries at Nationals (someone please feel free to chime in with actual number) and had 3-400 entries for a weekend race, so I think we can manage through getting all the heats run. How exciting would it be to have to figure out how to race everything because we have SO MANY BOATS? That would be awesome!

As far as sites go, there are a few I can think of throughout the country that have plenty of room to accommodate us all. The site we were just at in Springfield OH could easily hold all the boats in every outboard Category we have. I know that's not always the case, but there are plenty of good sites to chose from.
    Let's keep thinking how we can get the different Categories, or even series, to get together and host a huge Nationals event.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X