No announcement yet.

The new era in Novice C begins!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based off of lap times, I'm thinking combining a Novice 20ssh with Novice C might be alright, but still be part of the same class (trophy set, in other words). Only difference is weight and restrictor. You'll be able to use the same props no problem.
    http://vitalire.com/

Comment

C-Novice

As an interested participant in this class I have to commend Tony, Rocky, Dave, Ron and others for doing all the "heavy lifting" in getting the props and getting the class on the water. I believe keeping the weight and set-up as close to the CSH criteria keeps things simple for everyone from drivers to inspection. The popularity this class has attracted already is a great sign. I also see John's point about a 20ssN option for the lighter drivers who don't want to ballast to 440 lbs. Let's just remember to keep it simple. Thanks again to all involved ! Dick Steel Racing

Comment

302SSH Differences

Originally posted by jpro60 View Post
        As I understand it 302ssH is open to anyone. So I could go buy one of these spec motors and start running the class. In that case then new guys would still be having to try to compete with someone with 15yrs experience, national titles, etc. The exact kind of folks disallowed to race Novice C.
        I view the 302SSH class as a class that is open to anyone where a new guy can race with someone of 15, 30, and 40 years of driving experience, but do not have to race against 15, 30, and 40 years of engine building/acquiring experience due to the sealed motor. It is my understanding that the Novice C class is not a 'sealed/spec' motor, allowing for modifications within the SO rulebook such as crankshaft, rod, and gearfoot modifications (among some) such as the 'tricks' that owners of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th generation equipment have found out over the years.

Not knocking Novice C here by any means, just trying to add some clarification/opinion on the differences between the classes - NC sounds like a great way for folks to start and continue racing, just a little different method, very cool!
        Elek Hutchinson
        36M

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
          Based off of lap times, I'm thinking combining a Novice 20ssh with Novice C might be alright, but still be part of the same class (trophy set, in other words). Only difference is weight and restrictor. You'll be able to use the same props no problem.
          I left the restrictor in for my new driver in one heat of novice C last weekend. I don't know how much fun it would be. Let's remember with these two blade props the speeds are already dipped to close to 60mph. Now you let the restrictor guys in with two blades and they'll be doing mid 50mph range in the back of the pack with wakes. I don't know if both together would be a good idea. But Hey just an observation. Like Dick Steel says, keep it simple.
          Kyle Bahl
          20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, keep it coming

We need to completely seperate Novice C and 302SS, for starters one is a national class and one is a local class. The reason we went with a CSH as a basis for the class is that it would include all the used equipment people have already bought.

I am semi open to the idea of a Novice 20, but not much. At SOA races if you want to go out and test without lead, or you just don't feel comfortable running regular 20SS, OSY is a valid option. My opinion on the subject is that the class is not a step-up class for young drivers, there are already plenty of options open for that, this is more of an 'adult' that is new to racing or needs more seat time to hone their driving skills class.
            Moby Grape Racing
            "Fast Boats Driven Hard"

Comment

Novice C

I am also not to high on doing the 20SSH thing...we need to keep it simple.

Comment

Working...
              X