Pell Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pell Lake

This past weekend Region 7 held a race at Pell Lake, WI which is about 20/25 minutes west of Kenosha. Kip Trump did a great job in organizing and putting everything together. I hope the town wants us back for many years to come. It was a great race site. Bar across the street for those that needed a soda or something. Kip had a breakfast set up for $5.00, it was all you can eat and had just about anything you would want. He arranged to have a shuttle running to the restaurant for a few hours every morning from the pits about a mile away. Saturday night he had a driver’s dinner party at another bar about ½ mile or so from the pits that was in my opinion the best $8.00 dinner I have ever had. Beef, potato, rolls, salad…

Unfortunately part of Sunday was blown out but the winds were 20 plus MPH with gust to 30 so we would not have raced anywhere. Many race sites we would have lost the entire weekend because of wind. The site is surrounded by trees so it’s pretty well protected. Just unfortunate that mother nature was giving us all she had. Saturday the wind was blowing pretty good but we were able to race and in my opinion the water was pretty good you just had to fight the wind trying to blow you inside the course on the back stretch. The second corner was right in front of the pits and there was hardly a ripple in the corner when the boats came back around. Was fun watching from that view point.

While I was not on the course in a race boat the course had a little bit of everything thrown in it. Short run to the clock, pretty good run to the first turn, huge first turn, fairly good run up the back stretch, smaller second turn…

Great job Kip and make sure we can come back for years to come. Hopefully we can make sure we don’t have a conflict with Region 6 next year with one of their sites so some of them can come over.
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen
Working...
X