Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STOCK Proposals for National meeting.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DR.Byrne

Anyway we could enlarge your avatar? I am a fan of that artistic style. Vaugely, remineceint of the work of Peter Max. I believe he did cover on the Beatles , "Yellow Submarine " album.

We have also raced under the Flying Circus monicer

Comment

Originally posted by drbyrne55 View Post
      Scott,
      What do you know about the possible conflict of Stock and Pros being ran the same week in July/Aug ?

Thx
      Dan- From the way I heard it the Pros are July 24-26 and the stocks are July 28th- Aug 1st. And it's only a 4-5 drive from Depue, Ill to Grasslake, MI.
      Kyle Bahl
      20-R

"He didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbin' son is racin'!"

Comment

Kyle:

Depue has been on the last weekend of July for the last 25 years or so. The dates are correct as posted.

Joe

Originally posted by Racerkyle20 View Post
        Dan- From the way I heard it the Pros are July 24-26 and the stocks are July 28th- Aug 1st. And it's only a 4-5 drive from Depue, Ill to Grasslake, MI.

Comment

[QUOTE=Racerkyle20;122111]Dan- From the way I heard it the Pros are July 24-26 and the stocks are July 28th- Aug 1st. And it's only a 4-5 drive from Depue, Ill to Grasslake, MI.[/QUOTE

I guess that's an ooops....

good thing we have extra boats this year ... now we just just need double the team size and man 2 events
          Last edited by drbyrne55; 01-12-2009, 06:02 PM.
          BOPP

Comment

So, no curve balls coming in CSH, 20SSH or OSY400 @ the national meeting.

Are they proposing doing away with the reed stop measurement on the Yamato 302?
            I believe the proposal was to REMOVE the 302 from 20SSH!!!!!!!!!!!
            Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
              I believe the proposal was to REMOVE the 302 from 20SSH!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about giving it all to the Y80's
              BOPP

Comment

Talk about giving it all to the Y80's

oh ya and the new Sidewinders!! Maybe Sean should keep the 80 or convert it to a Bmod!.............
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Hope the A Stock people have lots of sun block this season if they take the Merc 15 out of A Stock as there will be lots of beach time at alot of races. There was aleast six weekends that there wouldnt have been an A Stock race if some of the Mercs did step in and race. This is really a giant step forward and Im sure its all for the good for the sport of stock outboard.
                  Destiny is a matter of chance,it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                    oh ya and the new Sidewinders!! Maybe Sean should keep the 80 or convert it to a Bmod!.............

Hmmm...B-Mod - I like your thinking. K-Brew's got one, K-Bahl has had one, I could go there. Wow, a use for all of those 80's.
                    Mike Johnson

World Headquarters
                    sigpic
                    Portland, Oregon
                    Johnson Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by mercguy View Post
                      I don't think so!
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

• Ash

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                        Hope the A Stock people have lots of sun block this season if they take the Merc 15 out of A Stock as there will be lots of beach time at a lot of races. There was at least six weekends that there wouldnt have been an A Stock race if some of the Mercs did step in and race. This is really a giant step forward and I'm sure its all for the good for the sport of stock outboard.
                        George is Correct.
                        I know many local races the last few years that didn't have enough ASH without the Mercury people in the class.

I believe just let it run in the class (AS It Is) if it wants to for these reasons:
                        1. If a family has one motor, with 3 kids, they could race JSH,AXSH & ASH the same day, same rig.
                        2. Until everyone gets a Side Winder with spec. sheets for "A", the ASH class maybe hurting at some races without the Merc.
                        3. Kids could try ASH with the Mercury to see if they really want to go that fast, before purchasing a Side Winder.
                        4. It's a heavier motor for lighter people, helps with lead additions.
                        5. People could test or break-in their AXSH rigs in ASH, with the Mercury, More entry fee for clubs.
                        6. People with Mercury engines getting too heavy for AXSH or too old may quit because they don't have money for new motor and can't use the Mercury in ASH or FAH.
                        7. Races in different Regions will not have enough ASH, without Merc, on a given weekend, fall 2008 Millville.
                        8. Would the Mercury really be hurting anything in the ASH class?
                        Earl 11 J........ Dangerous when Wet Runne Craft- Earl said, " Driving a Runne Craft is like Cheating". Dude, ........ Where's My Boat!

Comment

• Caution!! sarcasm is used in most posts

Originally posted by G Stillwill View Post
                          Hope the A Stock people have lots of sun block this season if they take the Merc 15 out of A Stock as there will be lots of beach time at alot of races. There was aleast six weekends that there wouldnt have been an A Stock race if some of the Mercs did step in and race. This is really a giant step forward and Im sure its all for the good for the sport of stock outboard.
                          As much as I enjoyed watching you run all day long in two 4 boat fields, you are only looking at the one class as the issue. There are two places for the motor to run now. You could pop in a restrictor and run JH.

We can agree to disagree on this issue.

Or I could get on the band wagon and we could put the 15 merc in the B class, the 25 class, Formula A and A-Mod.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe J View Post
                            Kyle:

Depue has been on the last weekend of July for the last 25 years or so. The dates are correct as posted.

Joe
                            The Pro Nationals have been held on the last Friday of July for as long as I can remember. The actual weekend does not start until August 1st, therefore the confusion on "the last weekend of July." No matter who screwed up, it needs to be clarified and safeguarded for future nationals to avoid this travesty. If the schedule and/or weather does not comply, there is a possibility that three defending National Champions are not able to attend Depue this year. (Depending on their choice of stock vs pro) Also, there are a lot of us from the Left Coast that will be making the choice, or scrambling big time to try and figure out how to get equipment and driver(s) to both! Ashley Rucker, Tony Lombardo, Kyle Bahl, John Peters, Kyle Lewis etc. Jim Nilsen runs Pro and Jon & Jamie run both! It's about 2100 miles from Seattle to Depue and another 300 to Grass Lake. There is usually a lot of teaming up on trailers, rental cars, hotels etc. It's not just a race schedule problem. I guess we will see what happens and try and make it work!
                            sigpic
                            "Uncle Jeff" Ewing
                            The Prop Shop Racing Team
                            Meanstreak / Leftcoast Racing
                            "Do illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?"

Comment

• Constructive

What would help the case for the Mercury would be some actual data. How many races were actually run with the Merc configuration in A Stock?

And a Regional Breakdown.

What is happening in Region 3 maybe unique and compounded by the age restriction in NJ.
                              Last edited by reed28n; 01-13-2009, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• don't forget....

that just because it is on the agenda does not mean it is a rule yet. Like Scott Reed mentioned in a previous post, if there is no motion an item on the agenda won't even be voted on.

if you see something you don't like, contact your commissioner prior to the meeting and discuss.

Bill
                                Support your local club and local races.

Bill Pavlick

I'm just glad I'm not Michael Mackey - BPIII

Comment

Working...
                                X