MJR Composites does it UK style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MJR Composites does it UK style

The two hulls made their maiden voyage during the USTS spring races in Lake Wales Florida and Inverness. Early reports from the MJR factory state that both hulls ran well and should be a force to be reckon with as the season continues. Stay tune for more information leading up to the worlds on the progress of team MJR.
    Attached Files
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

DePue Update: R&D Test #3

We had a great R&D test session at DePue this past weekend. Mark Stahl, Driving MJR Euro #2 did very well with his 350cc GRM motor. David Mitchell also did very well with the lemans start in 250cc with MJR Euro #1 and his 250cc GRM motor. David and Chris Hellsten put on a great show off the beach and for the next two laps in the Euro style boats.

With each race/test session, we are getting closer and closer to what we believe will be the best design for all race water conditions accompanied with the best safety design features incorporated in each boat.

Stay tuned for more changes coming for the constantine/DePue R&D Test session #4
    Last edited by Composite Specialties; 05-28-2008, 03:55 AM.

Comment

MJR Euro

Marc failed to mention his own success running the F6 against the 350 hydro's on Saturday. I believe that he finished second overall with three consistent heats. Good job on the progress Marc.

Mark Stahl's team set a record for drying out an engine, after Mark rolled over in heat two during a turn. Marc and the boat were OK and returned to compete well in the final heat of racing.
      David Weaver

Comment

Originally posted by MJR View Post
        We had a great R&D test session at DePue this past weekend. Mark Stahl, Driving MJR Euro #2 did vary well with his 350cc GRM motor. David Mitchell also did very well with the lemans start in 250cc with MJR Euro #1 and his 250cc GRM motor. David and Chris Hellsten put on a great show off the beach and for the next two laps in the
        Euro style boats

With each race/test session, we are getting closer and closer to what we believe will be the best design for all race water conditions accompanied with the best safety design features incorporated in each boat.

Stay tuned for more changes coming for the constantine/DePue R&D Test session #4
        Mark....I keep telling you that the MJR Boats are Euro style and my Mostes is a Euro boat! In fact, I have the shipping bill to prove it!

Comment

I Know

Chris, I know, I thought you would like that one.......

Comment

MJR Web Site?

Does anyone know where do I go to get more information on MJR boats? Marc’s web site seems to be down.

Thanks for the help.

Scot KELLER
            sigpic

Scot Keller
            45M

Comment

in the drink

Originally posted by David Weaver View Post
              Mark Stahl's team set a record for drying out an engine, after Mark rolled over in heat two during a turn. Marc and the boat were OK and returned to compete well in the final heat of racing.
              Well, someone on the MJR Factory team had to take one for the team and see what the structural capability of the new style is by taking a swim. I'm a dedicated member, so I know what part of my responsibilities are. It turned out the test was good and the structural integrity was excellent. Boat held together just fine and the next heat went well thanks to my hardworking team. Marc's ingenuity and craftsmanship skills are unbelievable.
              BTW, congrats to David. It was just like old times having him lead the way around the course and eat his spray!
              Chris, you looked great as well. It appears you don't need much dialing in and are ready for October. David W. you have a very strong 250 and should fair well come Oct. as well.
              Speed costs money. So, how fast do you want to go?

Comment

The competition is really fierce this year. Great racing, guys!

Mark - that's you on your side in the spray in that last shot........
                Attached Files
                Last edited by PhotoGirl; 05-27-2008, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Getting Ready For October

Thanks for the compliments Mark. Now that Plan A is ready for the Nationals, we are moving onto Plan B. After watching Chris perform so well, I am excited to get the other US Mostes on the race course in order to prepare for the WC's.

My observations from racing against Chris in hs Mostes for 3 races. The F77 Pugh has marginal top-end advantage over the birght green Mostes. But, the Mostes has considerable advantage hugging the bouys and somewhat od an advantage accelerating out of the turns. On a 1 1/4 mile course, I could probably run down and get around Chris. On a shorter course, forget it. Especially, if Chris gets inside position.

Of course, Chris has not had as much time to dial-in propellers.

Also, he is a better driver, so you have to factor that in to the above.

I am excited about running the Mostes and getting is some meaningful testing at the Nationals and maybe Constantine. Marc Johnson has made ridiculous progress in a short period of time with his new boats. I have no doubt that we will see a serious change in how we race PRO's (hydro's) in the near future. I imagine that someone will test a Mod on this style in short period of time.
                  David Weaver

Comment

Congrats

Congrats to the MJR - Euro Division

Looks like all the hard work is paying off and the rigs are really flying. The MJR - Stock Division is routing for you guys and cheering you on!
                    Last edited by Brian10s; 05-29-2008, 06:30 AM.
                    Brian 10s

Comment

Working...
                    X