Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus

Any thoughts on how the coronavirus will affect the 2020 racing season.

we all spend crazy money on boat racing....how much sicker can we get?

Comment

The CDC just released a statement saying that cheap beer kills most of the virus. Boatracers may be the safest demographic out there!

Steve

Comment

• dwhitford
        dwhitford commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL! Sounds about right to me, Steve.

• M Miner
        M Miner commented
        Editing a comment
        What the beer doesn't kill the 2 stroke will.

I think that means there won't be as many people in turn one.

Comment

Originally posted by Art K View Post
        Any thoughts on how the coronavirus will affect the 2020 racing season.
        Go boat racing and breath in some methanol fumes and it will kill any virus.

Comment

• Dave Young 94-N
          Dave Young 94-N commented
          Editing a comment
          Bob,
          I remember when you were dissinfecting some outhouses in Massachussets!!!!
          Dave Y.

The prez just advised against unnecessary travel and avoid large crowds, the NBA has just temporarly suspended its season. Other sports are talking about doing the same or not allowing spectators. This does not bode well for boat racing. Say a prayer !!!!!

Comment

The flu is worse than this virus. Quit listening to the media and enjoy life. That includes racing boats. See you at jesup in turn 1.

Comment

• Graham
            Graham commented
            Editing a comment
            Not true. Based on current info this virus is 10x more deadly than any previous virus. Further, it's a "death sentence" for the elderly 70+ with other underlying medical conditions.

Go see Dr.Jack Daniel's,and You'l be good to go ??????????

Comment

Originally posted by justinivie View Post
            The flu is worse than this virus. Quit listening to the media and enjoy life. That includes racing boats. See you at jesup in turn 1.
            your full of crap!

Comment

I can read the statistics just like everyone else. It is 10x more deadly according to the statistics. What your not realizing is the mass amounts of people that have contracted the virus that never went to hospital or even had bad symptoms so they are not part of the statistics. If you would add all of those people in the percentage would be way lower than what is reported. It is however 2x as contagious. It is something to think about but why do we not react every flu season the same way. We dont sell out of sanitizer and masks every year due to the flu. It is worth thinking about but so are other things that we just put on the back burner because we are used to them. I'm not trying to hurt feelings just realize the media drives mass hysteria.

Comment

• Graham
                Graham commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with this. Thanks.

100% false, turn off Fox..fake news

be cautious, not paranoid, live life

washing hands is the best defense
              Last edited by ricochet112; 03-13-2020, 05:53 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• raceright
                raceright commented
                Editing a comment
                Fox news is the most accurate news there is , CNN on the other hand lies like a rug, wonder why.

I can read the statistics just like everyone else. It is 10x more deadly according to the statistics. What your not realizing is the mass amounts of people that have contracted the virus that never went to hospital or even had bad symptoms so they are not part of the statistics. If you would add all of those people in the percentage would be way lower than what is reported. It is however 2x as contagious. It is something to think about but why do we not react every flu season the same way. We dont sell out of sanitizer and masks every year due to the flu. It is worth thinking about but so are other things that we just put on the back burner because we are used to them. I'm not trying to hurt feelings just realize the media drives mass hysteria.
              the virus lives outside of it's host longer than most virus's and the incubation period is longer, so you're infectious for a longer time before symptoms appear
              sigpic

Comment

When you are standing belly-button deep in the water at the race site and you have to pee..
                Depending on the race site,, how toxic is the water??
                Think about it.. Please race this summer..

Comment

I don`t think it is going to be up to the racer wether we race or not It is going to be the sponsor, local government agency etc. As an example ST, Louis County, where I live has banned gatherings larger than 250 people. As many of you know I am no spring chicken, and I no longer race. But I do have a driver and very competitive equipment. This was going to be my last season as an owner. This is not the way I want it to end

Comment

The scary part of this virus is the worldwide impact it is having. While there have been other, sars , avian bird , swine and all the others , none of these have had the legs that Covid-19 has had. It can live outside the body on certain surfaces for days, a person can be a carrier and never show symptoms. Both of those statements are true of most viruses, however , depending on who you listen to , this one seems very different. The fact that China did not release information on the infection for a couple of months did the world a big disfavor.

Is the panic warranted, I guess that depends on who you listen to and what you choose to believe.

Comment

Working...
                  X