Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22W
    replied
    K&K: Are all underwater obstructions properly marked and are there to be outside course markers clearly delineating your entire course?

Whitewater Guys: Uh.... Sure.

Joking aside, it looks like a blast and I would love to give it a try!

Leave a comment:

• sonnyman
    replied
    Gearcases and props

That all dependes on the way you drive it. Some gearcases are maintained better than others. And of course it"s on how agrise you get. What kind of lines you take. I ran mine bass for three and half years. I hit two times with mine and it is still ready for outlaw action. the prop is still spining to the same prop.

Leave a comment:

• blueskyracer
    replied
    Sounds very simple. I wish our rules were as easy! So how many props and gear cases do you go thru in a year?

Leave a comment:

• robert calvosa
    replied
    There's probably not more than a couple of gearcases on this circuit that haven't had new skegs welded on.

Our rules are pretty simple; boats must be at least 13'6", weigh at least 575lbs with driver at the finish of the race. motors are 44ci mercs, stock internally with fixed magneto and stacks. gearcases are 14:14 or 15:14. The race starts with the boats lined-up on the riverbank, flag drops and the pilots yank the starting rope. If she starts , you head for a hole shot that could be a turn bouy or the narrows under a bridge. If she don't start-you pull again.

Leave a comment:

• blueskyracer
    replied
    Originally posted by nbass View Post
    Sid sold some lower units to those guys. Their first question was "what happens to it if you hit a rock."

Now that is some racing!
    Really will the warranty cover a rock hit!!

Leave a comment:

• nbass
    replied
    River Rocks

Sid sold some lower units to those guys. Their first question was "what happens to it if you hit a rock."

Now that is some racing!

Leave a comment:

• blueskyracer
    replied
    I think you are a little crazy but why don't you fill folks in on the rules and the size of boats and what motors are used and what modifications can be made.

Watching the video looks like you get a large number of spectators! I like it

Leave a comment:

• robert calvosa
    started a topic Wow!

Wow!

Whitewater hydroplane racing on hydroracer.net . Gotta be careful here or some people might start thinking that we're NOT a bunch of slightly crazy, flannel-shirt racers engaged in a somewhat extreme sport. https://sites.google.com/site/corra44/
Working...
X