Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HydroKyle93R View Post
    Troy-
    There are no prop shaft depth restrictions in Kilos, all other technical specs, fuel and weight.
    I cannot comment on the setup of the 20ss and CSH.
    There are transom heights for 1/4 mile records, but not for Kilo records.

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

Records

Congradulations to all those drivers who set new records. I was curious if Pat Brian's was the driver of the D-mod Hydro as I seen on another post where he was going to be there at the Kilos.

Congrads Rich as you really can make those Mercs sing!!!

Todd

Comment

D Mod record

That was a unbelievable run!!!! Congratulation to everybody involved.

Larry Mac

Comment

Originally posted by 14J View Post
          Are the records run at the 3/4" depth for CSH? and 1/2" for 20? Not familiar with the rules. I assume so.
          Thanks.
          No height restrictions for kilo's. Only for the quarter mile. Must meet up the minimum weight for kilo and quarter mile runs
          Sean Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by seanp3 View Post
            No height restrictions for kilo's. Only for the quarter mile. Must meet up the minimum weight for kilo and quarter mile runs
            Congratulations again, Sean...very fast. I'm thinking 1st straightaway record(s) for you?. Just curious, was this a Sorenson Kilo boat, a Euro laydown boat, or none of the above?

Hope the wife is okay with all of this?

See you soon,
            Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Nilsen Racing View Post
              Congratulations again, Sean...very fast. I'm thinking 1st straightaway record(s) for you?. Just curious, was this a Sorenson Kilo boat, a Euro laydown boat, or none of the above?

See you soon,
              Jim
              Sorensen kilo boat. Sean, could you post one of the pictures of it running.

Darrell

Comment

Records

Congrads to Darrell as well for another one of his boats getting a record. Darrell have you kept track of how many records your boats have broken over the years? I know I've seen many. Maybe Wartinger and Mize would have quite a few with your boats.

Todd

Comment

New Hydro-bout

pics .....
                  Attached Files
                  BOPP

Comment

Originally posted by Nilsen Racing View Post

See you soon,
                    Jim
                    Yes, first record period (first attempt). Very fortunate. Also, as Darrell mentioned it was a Kilo boat he built for Guido. Turned out very nice. We never put it in the water until Friday before the races. I expected the quarter mile to be a bit faster. However, we never got time to even test it at 3/4" propshaft dept. All we did was take our Kilo setup and drop it to 3/4" and go take it for a run. Can't get any better than that.

Disclaimer - if my sentences are making any sense I haven't been to bed since Saturday. Got home at 7:00 just in time to take a shower and get to work. So, I'm very tired
                    Sean Byrne

Comment

Originally posted by CSR4C View Post
                      Sorensen kilo boat. Sean, could you post one of the pictures of it running.

Darrell
                      Darrell, I would but I don't have any of it running. I was too far away from the action to get one running. Maybe someone else has a pic of it running
                      Sean Byrne

Comment

Also, not mentioned in our group was John Maroney with his CMH. He was smoking fast seeing over 83 MPH at times. Conditions were not ideal during his runs and the record being so high he was not able to break it (this time). It was a lot of fun with this group of guys. My stomach still hurts from laughing so much
                        Sean Byrne

Comment

Is there any video of the record runs?
                          Bob

Comment

Working...
                          X