Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APBA COULD Do It..

To quote Hauenstein, "A searchable record archive would be awesome."

In an INFORMATION AGE, it would be awesome to see records like Rich Fuchlin's 04 or 97 MPH F Runabout record listed...This was when F was 60 Cubic inches. Or when Ted May went 98 MPH in a D Stock Hydro boat with Harry Bartolomei's four carb Konig. I'd like to see Canadian records too, like when Fred Hauenstein broke the 500 CC Hydro record in Valleyfield, 1967.

Add:

Current record would be a five year window, All Time record would be ALL TIME. Record run could be opened up for like 20-H races, or KG-4....

But making this "ARCIVE" would take some work. I think Mike Wienandt has many OPC records listed somewhere...

Comment

1964 modesto nationals program

This is the way that records were listed, All Time Records, then you could list yearly records...
      Attached Files

Comment

Or something like this

http://www.vintagehydroplanes.com/speed_records.html

Comment

Ron, Was tickled to see that 1964 program. My father's name JUMPED off the page at me as kilo record holder in CU. I have the U.I.M. certificate hanging on the wall in my office. My cousin, Joe Pater, still has the boat.

Comment

This certainly is a son-of-a-gun to sort out. And, there's a lot more in this discussion than just 'records'. In a way, it relates to how we function. Perhaps the record should just be for that particular racing year. Period. And, if no one ran the kilo in that particular class 'that next year' then the previous record holder would hold the record until it was broken.

Somehow, we have got to accept the fact that different changes to that class, like weight, cubic inches, loop-charged motors, etc mean that a new record will no doubt be set. And, when it does, it will hold for at least a year. AND, remain as such in the record books for THAT year forever.
            I think some of you have already said this, but this is my wording of it.

Alex

Comment

Records

It is pretty cool to see what the speeds were in the 60s...kinda scary to think that in DSH we are going well over 80 in competition.....when the kilo record was in the high 70s....I do think the 95% rule is going to help races...many of the records were set when transom height rules did not exist. The rules have changed..thus the precedent for records should also change. Just my 3 cents worth. David. Oh ya..merry Christmas everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                It is pretty cool to see what the speeds were in the 60s...kinda scary to think that in DSH we are going well over 80 in competition.....when the kilo record was in the high 70s....I do think the 95% rule is going to help races...many of the records were set when transom height rules did not exist. The rules have changed..thus the precedent for records should also change. Just my 3 cents worth. David. Oh ya..merry Christmas everybody.

Dave says "in DSH we are going well over 80 in competition"

............no wonder I am getting my ass kicked!!!!!!!
                Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Dsh

Well Darren, you have a good motor and with new lighter boat I bet you pick up at least 1 or 2 mph....I am looking forward to this season....and this year I am gonna get the inside lane from you.........

Comment

Originally posted by daveracerdsh View Post
                    Well Darren, you have a good motor and with new lighter boat I bet you pick up at least 1 or 2 mph....I am looking forward to this season....and this year I am gonna get the inside lane from you.........

".and this year I am gonna get the inside lane from you".....................you can try...........
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

...and this year I am gonna get the inside lane from you.........

Dave this is not recomended
                      Mike - One of the Montana Boys

If it aint fast make it look good

Comment

Working...
                      X