Special Event At Lock Haven, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Event At Lock Haven, PA

Thanks to Greg Lyons and DVORA for letting us run the Two Person 750 Mod runabout as a special event this year at Lock Haven. Here are the rules for the event.
    1. Each team will have two drivers.
    2. The team will consist of one male and one female.
    3. Both drivers have to be 16 years old and be APBA members ( No single event memberships will be allowed.)
    4.Each team will flip a coin at Drivers meeting to see who drives the first Heat. Example; Team Luce ( Val and King George) flip the coin and lets say Val wins. She drives the first heat and George drives the second heat. Who ever is not driving is riding.

Betting is allowed however the winnings will be donated to the local food bank. This should be a lot of fun for the race fans.

Here are the Teams so far.

Team Luce -Val and King George
    Team CVRA - Jerry and Abby
    Team James - James and who ever is brave enough to ride with him. Amy Sweeny where are you?

See Your Team at The Lock.

Jerry

Runabout

Good idea Jerry at one time this class was in MOD. How about a lemans start maybe even if only one heat just to mix things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Davids View Post
      Thanks to Greg Lyons and DVORA for letting us run the Two Person 750 Mod runabout as a special event this year at Lock Haven. Here are the rules for the event.
      3. Both drivers have to be 16 years old and be APBA members ( No single event memberships will be allowed.)
      4.Each team will flip a coin at Drivers meeting to see who drives the first Heat. Example; Team Luce ( Val and King George) flip the coin and lets say Val wins. She drives the first heat and George drives the second heat. Who ever is not driving is riding.

Betting is allowed however the winnings will be donated to the local food bank. This should be a lot of fun for the race fans.

Team James - James and who ever is brave enough to ride with him. Amy Sweeny where are you?

Jerry
      Too bad there is an age limit. I think Olivia would make James look like the little sister for Team Luce.
      Dave W. Young
      95-D
      "Roll it up or roll it back on the trailer"

Comment

I am looking forward to seeing this go down! I bet it will be pretty entertaining to watch... and even more entertaining listening to the crap talking leading up to the event! Coed two person runabouts, multiple pro classes, Dash for the Cash, cooler bobbing, beer tent, carnival, racing under the bridge, 3 days of racing, camping in the pits, the Luce Beer Pong Table, and Gary Pond selling $hit, who needs the Nats?! See u there.
        Future J dad!

Comment

Jerry
          Was really looking forward to the two man class. We will be there to run the 750 & 850 mod runabout. We are joining for the weekend as it is the only one race we go to for the year. Under the present set of rules, we can not enter. What was the reason for not allowing single event membership for this one race? It is not a divisional. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Gunjumper View Post
            I am looking forward to seeing this go down! I bet it will be pretty entertaining to watch... and even more entertaining listening to the crap talking leading up to the event! Coed two person runabouts, multiple pro classes, Dash for the Cash, cooler bobbing, beer tent, carnival, racing under the bridge, 3 days of racing, camping in the pits, the Luce Beer Pong Table, and Gary Pond selling $hit, who needs the Nats?! See u there.
            Plus the fellers from across the pond. Also the DVORA J Program will be putting 3 new racers on the water! Gonna be a large three days of racin'.
            Mark 55P
            Team Tower
            Hydroplane Division

Comment

Bob, leaning towards the side of safety, I thought it would better to have veteran drivers competing in this event. The single event membership allows anybody including those from the Beer Tent to register and we don't want that. Remember this is a 70 MPH ride. It was good to see you at Whitney Point and we are looking forward to seeing you at Lock Haven.

Jerry

Comment

Bob, leaning towards the side of safety, I thought it would better to have veteran drivers competing in this event. The single event membership allows anybody including those from the Beer Tent to register and we don't want that. Remember this is a 70 MPH ride. It was good to see you at Whitney Point and we are looking forward to seeing you at Lock Haven.

Jerry
                I kind of figured anyone with a 750 or 850 are veteran drivers as we are. I don't know of any other ones that would be there in that class that not would qualify as veterans. Not really I am sure what the race committee was trying to do. I understand man women thing but to change drivers? Seems like they only want a certain few to enter, I could be wrong. I am really disappointed about making the trip and not being able to run the two man class as it is a really fun class and great to watch. I would also think the race committee could decide if any inexperienced driver were to enter and with what kind of boat. I always like supporting the Lock Haven Race and since this is the only one we are able to due to work and other schedules we could run every class possible with our rig. Actually, last year I was the one that mentioned it and a few drivers thought it would be good to put them on the water again. Thought it would be a two "person" runabout race as in the past.

Comment

Sounds kinda not right, what if 2 lesbians want to enter?

Comment

2-man

I have to agree with Bob. I would like to enter but the only qualified person on our team is my son(not daughter). We used to run years ago and this class is surely a fan favorite, it would be nice to see 6-10 boats on the water, not gonna happen with the rules the way they are. No problem with two qualified drivers in the boat. I know of 3 qualified female racers who have driven a 750-850mr in the past and they are already spoken for. I don't know of any other female racers that would even be interested in driving these boats. So how bout it open it up to 2-man/woman teams and lets go boat racing. This should be all about puttin on a show for the fans and town. Lock Haven deserves a fan favorite race like this,lets givem there moneys worth,we at least owe them that.

Comment

See

A 2 person runabout, but don't forget, a monkey was in space before an American was

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitears2 View Post
                        I have to agree with Bob. I would like to enter but the only qualified person on our team is my son(not daughter). We used to run years ago and this class is surely a fan favorite, it would be nice to see 6-10 boats on the water, not gonna happen with the rules the way they are. No problem with two qualified drivers in the boat. I know of 3 qualified female racers who have driven a 750-850mr in the past and they are already spoken for. I don't know of any other female racers that would even be interested in driving these boats. So how bout it open it up to 2-man/woman teams and lets go boat racing. This should be all about puttin on a show for the fans and town. Lock Haven deserves a fan favorite race like this,lets givem there moneys worth,we at least owe them that.
                        We will be there and if they want us to enter it is the race committee decision. So far three boats will enter and we have a rig that can add to the competition. Please reconsider as three boats take up race time and maybe 5 or 6 will have a show.....Bob N-96

Comment

Really????

You have a three boat race???? Let all that want to put in a rider run! It is for the crowd not the racers! Just my two cents, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve77t View Post
                            You have a three boat race???? Let all that want to put in a rider run! It is for the crowd not the racers! Just my two cents, Steve
                            Thanks for your two cents Steve. We want to complete and are limited to when and where we can go. Hope to be able to enter and put on a show for spectators with a full field. Three boats don't make it. It is their race and we will conform to their rules. We will be in OK and hope to see you there......Bob

Comment

Let me get this straight. The Rusnak's can't run on a single event membership to keep inexperienced drivers out. But a full membership 16 year old boy who has never been in anything faster than an AX hydro could take a turn and share driving with his full membership mother in a super fast runabout.

Comment

Working...
                              X