Charging Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging Charlie

Just received the props for Charlie, pictures attached of one of them on the boat.
    Attached Files

Charging Charlie

Update of Chargin Charlie, new paint, new numbers and more.
    Attached Files

Comment

Let's race

Alright Throw the motor in her & let's race. Robin did you know your old Lavey is now an SE boat in Michigan & just raced at Waterford. He named it E Revival

Comment

Lavey

The Boat that Robin Won the Championships with went to Calif I thought. They had another one that Boyd Crashed that went back East. I think that one was going to get a small block put in it. The boats name was " Coming Thru " and used to be a SS boat in the 70's. Jim

Comment

Harbor Master

Jimmy where have you been? Aren't you coming by the shop to inspect my new old boat? I'm sure you're right about the Lavey. I didn't realize they had two of them.

Comment

Waxing

Floors today, fumes are GOOD! So were those enamel fumes! Had a few dents that didnt show up until the shiney stuff set down.... Hey, its our first show boat. Now, who thinks we are going to race and beat the docks and buoys?? Not by me!

Oh Marissa, where you SEs going next, I assume Trout Creek the end of August?? Isnt that also an APBA event? Hooker wanted to know and I'll post for him since he is our sponsor, sorta. Would love to have tested by then and for sure we hope to run Waites!!

Need to get over the mountains for the j-boat reunion, but which event? Robin says Samammish dont scare her Rain in her suit might or a Dealiest Catch moment!

Keep it up Jimmie, I hear a K-boat is in your future....... Awesome

Comment

next race?

Trout Creek, MT is a SLORA event, same weekend as Pateros, WA an APBA event, I think we're going to Pateros. That is the last weekend in August & it would be great if Gold Dust was there & Charlie. Then there is our Waitts Lake races Sept 10 & 11. I don't know what's up after that.

Comment

Coumbia?

So is it safe to assume you are going to all the future APBA events even though it seems thosel dates conflict with SLORA? How about the other Esss? I hope we can make one over there with Trout and Waites favored due to budget constraints....but better ask the boss, she's working all weekend long! And next week works at the Unlimiteds in Tri Cities! Lucky Duck.

Comment

what to do...

Trout Creek or Pateros, they both sound like a good time, and don't yet know where I will end up. I plan to do another APBA event or two this year but it only works if enough SE boats show up, so that will determine what I do, I guess. Waitts for sure.

Comment

We have our reservations at Trout Creek...... Not sure if Ill run though, kinda depends on how many boats will be there....

Cant run SE,,,, but SK??? or Ski??? any idea whos planning on going. If nothing else, I can sleep in and hold boats.

How about Oldtown???? Anyone planning on running there. The water looks good today, will even be better by the 6th and 7th. Any flats going?
                    sigpic

Comment

The new Sanger plans on it.....SS396 may be in as well, so there is your ski class. Hows the current?

Comment

Another 2

weeks gone by and no workie on Charley. But, a certain Sanger has been prepared to race, now its up to the new owner to decide. In my opinion, its too nice of a survivor to punish it.
                        I can now afford tow costs after selling some used parts. Still looking for a big sponsor

Comment

Its been awhile

Back on track with cav hardware polish and install. This inovative movable center plate is just what the Jones are setting records with some 35 years later. Dont know if this boat was first with so many unusual features: Side hydroplane turn fin (now removed), low center of gravity hardware and lowered driver seat, deck hatch, shaft steering (now replaced), and driver adjustable plates. These are the ones I know about, the bottom design could be the only one in the USA! Just a grease monkey with his own garage and still student of circular flat racing!

Comment

Trailer

Had to be different and it's cost me lots of time. thanks Ror for the lighting and BullHide frame. Bunks are very unique and designed to drain any trapped water so the bottom will not peel down to the filler as before. Side fender cushions are closed foam exercise mats which will also shed moisture. What the heck, I'll try anything better than the old used carpet crap! And rusty staples and cheap bolts! Boat deserves way better, but then it only has ME!

Comment

New trailer axle is in with chevy hubs. Boat is now on its trailer and minor items are being polished before engine is installed for the final fit. Oh, the American spoked wheels look cool! Fenders have protective white walls!

Comment

Working...
                              X