Chargin Charlie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargin Charlie

Welcome the newest addition to the Northwest flatties. 1972 Javelin, set up by Al Lapointe, driven by Kip Brown and others. Been under a tarp for a couple years. A touch of glass work, some serious cleaning a few nuts and bolts and it will be good to go.

sigpic

Cool

Can't wait to show these pics to Al....

R-19
    www.gleasonracing.com

"No, THAT is why people hate him."

Comment

A few more. Seems this boat had a drop through fin on the left chine at the drivers seat. According to LaPointe, this was here long before the SS 400 put on the outer fin. I was told this worked great till about 100 on the straights when it created too much lift. The bottom has since been changed and is supposed to work great.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sponsonhead View Post
        Can't wait to show these pics to Al....

R-19
        Please do. I spoke to him a couple days ago. I told him I would send him pics. Look forward to talking to him more. I have many more questions. I plan on restoring this boat to like new in its glory days. In the mean time???? It will be on the water.
        sigpic

Comment

Ror,
          Are you opening you own boat shop? LOL
          What are you going to do for power in Charlie?
          You just gota love the 4 piece cav plate!
          Marc

Comment

Originally posted by boatguy222 View Post
            Ror,
            Are you opening you own boat shop? LOL
            What are you going to do for power in Charlie?
            You just gota love the 4 piece cav plate!
            Marc

I wish I was opening a boat shop, Kinda looks like it. The worst part is there is another one you cant see.

As for power??? the project has turned "Top Secret"

The plate is cool, its one piece that has cuts to the back of the boat. Its thick and has to be a B to down plate it.
            sigpic

Comment

Javlin

this is Ruby
              Attached Files
              Dave over and out!!

Comment

As for power??? the project has turned "Top Secret"

The word in the wind is a big block might be going into it, I don't think thats a good idea, it would turn that little boat into a slug

Comment

I say small block.

I sure hope that Ror keeps that Al LaPointe boat with the traditional small block E-boat motor. Some people would like to stick in a big block but the boat ran fine in the E-boat with a small block. Dave Weber told me that it was always behind the Marlins but it may have been the excellent driving of the Weber Bros. I'm sure there will be more said on these findings. Jimmy D.

Comment

Nice boat E-Motion Looks very clean.

Had a nice talk with Kip Brown. He had alot of seat time in this boat. He also got wet out of it once as well. Got alot of good plate set up info, prop info, rpm info, etc etc. He also said this boat needs a small block. He said the set up that was in it was the best of all, they spent alot of time testing diff set-ups over the years.
                    sigpic

Comment

Mr Brown

Originally posted by Five O View Post
                      Nice boat E-Motion Looks very clean.

Had a nice talk with Kip Brown. He had alot of seat time in this boat. He also got wet out of it once as well. Got alot of good plate set up info, prop info, rpm info, etc etc. He also said this boat needs a small block. He said the set up that was in it was the best of all, they spent alot of time testing diff set-ups over the years.
                      Ror,
                      That good, if ANYBODY knows that boat it KIP. He basicly learned how to drive in it.
                      Marc

Comment

!!

I know a little bit about this boat. A very good friend hopes to have it restored for next year and run Nostalgia GPS with small block power. I hear its driver has won a few, and cant wait to spank my K-boat! Thank you Ror!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkizoid View Post
                          I know a little bit about this boat. A very good friend hopes to have it restored for next year and run Nostalgia GPS with small block power. I hear its driver has won a few, and cant wait to spank my K-boat! Thank you Ror!
                          Your very welcome, in fact Thank You. Sounds like your making some good progress. Im looking forward to the spankings to come, Me included Im sure. Or maybe I should just stay seated in the Captain America chairs and watch.

Tell Blondie to start working on her left leg muscles, that thing has one thick plate to push down.

BTW, I have the new tabs for the trailer, Ill try to get them to you.
                          Last edited by Five O; 07-02-2010, 11:27 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I just go off the phone with Mr Jerk, it sounds like he AND Robin are working very hard on the bottom. Sounds like it is becoming quite the family project

Comment

update

Fiberglass repairs complete. Epoxe Resin poured into the chine crack while boat is on its side then layer upon layer of glass grindings and hair dropped in and packed from the bottom up. A seringe worked well to add a layer of resin one squease at a time and them mixed into the cavity. Under deck plywood reattached with mat and epoxe.
                              Robin spend 3 hours cleaning cootees. May bring it to Waites without motor if anyone is interested. Looking for an 85 or later Ford 302.

Comment

Working...
                              X