X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further Site Upgrade Completed

Hello again everyone.

I've just upgraded your site to 5.1.8.

This adds quite a few major stability and performance improvements.

The most noticeable thing for many will be the return of the little icon that tells you you've posted in a thread...it's a little green arrow that appears on top of the icon to the left of the thread titles. I know that was one of the most missed features in the new software, so I suspect that will be popular.
    Mark
    vBulletin Support

I'm seeing a lot of empty threads (CORRECTION: on second look these are Visitor Messages mixed in with forum topics) after I navigate past the first page. Home > View All > 2 page and beyond. Clicking on the Go To First New Post icon to the left of the missing subject line or clicking on the last post at the far right links to an empty thread. Same result in Firefox, Safari, and Chrome.
    Last edited by Mark 72@E; 08-16-2015, 06:57 AM.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
    72@E
    Former Boat Racer
    21st Century: CSH, CSR, and "J Dad" x2
    20th Century: ASH, ASR, BSR, 25SSH, 25SSR

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

I'm finding that works ok for me (Firefox at the moment).

Some of the Javascript may have changed and those page links were Javascript powered, so it might be worth doing the usual browser cache clearing and then restarting the browser.
      Mark
      vBulletin Support

Comment

Working ok for me on Google.

I have had a couple of comments that a drop down menu that used to appear by the user name seems to be missing. Also that there used to be information in folks "notifications" area and those are now missing. Not sure that I ever used either one of those so probably why I am not missing them. Ideas?

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

Yep I see it now the user menu is missing on mine also.

Comment

Mark,

I have also discovered that when I cleared my cache and browser history that I an unable to log back in. The Log In / Register button doesn't work. Luckily I only cleared info in Chrome and could still gain access through Firefox as it has log in information saved.

Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
            Mark,

I have also discovered that when I cleared my cache and browser history that I an unable to log back in. The Log In / Register button doesn't work. Luckily I only cleared info in Chrome and could still gain access through Firefox as it has log in information saved.

Teresa
            Teresa, I know you're referring to the other Mark but ditto for me. Since I was already logged into Firefox and didn't clear the cache, I'm still logged into Firefox. But I was never logged into Hydroracer using Safari or Chrome and I can't login now. I did a full "reset" in Safari. Clicking the user name/login does nothing in all three browsers. No error is generated -- nothing happens other than the user name/login is highlighted when the cursor hovers over it.

Javascript is working correctly in all three of my browsers according to:

http://javatester.org/javascript.html

I hope this info helps.

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
            72@E
            Former Boat Racer

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

I have submitted a trouble ticket to VBulletin and I have also private messaged Mark Bowland and posted here. Hopefully his next trip around the sun he will see these message and be able to help. (He is in England so a completely different time zone for working on stuff.)

Comment

Hopefully the login box / dropdown menu should be fixed.
                Mark
                vBulletin Support

Comment

Originally posted by vBSupport View Post
                Hopefully the login box / dropdown menu should be fixed.
                Yes, fixed! Now works in all three browsers.
                @@@@@@@@@@@@

Mark Ritchie
                72@E
                Former Boat Racer

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Comment

-my drop-down sign-in link now works too (couldn't sign in before). Thanks for the fix.

Comment

Couple of other things to mention:

1. The "Latest Photos" link at the top is a new way to quickly see photos recently posted by members, clicking a photo will open it up in a proper "Lightbox" where you can view all the photos in that particular post, in a slideshow format.

2. If someone quotes you in a post, you should get a notification up at the top - though you can turn these off if you don't want them.

3. "User mentions"...if you type an @ sign in a post followed by someone's username, that user will get a notification that you "mentioned" them in a post.

Like this:

Dust33
                    Mark
                    vBulletin Support

Comment

Mark, I have cleared my browser etc. and I am finding now that visitor messages that were posted today are showing up in the forum listings. ~Teresa

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs blueskyracer View Post
                        Mark, I have cleared my browser etc. and I am finding now that visitor messages that were posted today are showing up in the forum listings. ~Teresa
                        I think that should be fixed now.
                        Mark
                        vBulletin Support

Comment

I've carried out a further upgrade to version 5.1.9 (released today).
                          Mark
                          vBulletin Support

Comment

Working...
                          X