Wakefield 2015 Looking for "Classics" entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wakefield 2015 Looking for "Classics" entries

Your Wakefield 2015 Race Committee is looking for some feedback concerning interest in running any and all Classics classes on Saturday after the Finals are complete. The tentative schedule has us wrapping up all Nat's classes by the end of Friday giving us most of Saturday for special events. We would like to run multiple special events on Saturday in order to not only have boats on the water for our sponsors but also to provide extra boat time and some extra fun for those who made the long trip.

Classic classes would include:
    KG4/Mk 15 hydro and runabout
    20H/25SS hydro and runabout
    30H/35SS hydro and runabout
    55H hydro and runabout

Minimum boat counts will be in effect (exact #'s TBD) so there may be class combinations, but we do want to get everyone who shows up on the water.

Please reply to this post if you are interested or know of someone who is.

Thank you.

How about it? Is there any interest is us running the classics or should we combine and only run a classic hydro event and a classic runabout event if there is really no interest? The race committee could look to do some other fun events instead if there is really no interest in this.

We are already working on a fun event for the J's if time permits...stay tuned for further details.
    "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

BD how about you hop into a classic. Never seen you drive, and now that your not pit crewing for like a gazilan J drivers you got time!
      Gene Schertz 26V
      TEAM CAFFEINE
      Cranked up and ready to Roll
      Reeds for Speed!

Comment

some classics are meant to stay on shore
        "Ask anyone, I have no friends. I do have some people that put up with me and mostly because they like the rest of my family"

Don Allen

Comment

I know of 2 Classic that will be making the trip to Nationals. Before I got into the hydros, I was involved with rebuilding some Antique motors, and I personally have a sealed KG4 that has really never been run. With the increase attention with the Classics, including potentially running at Top O, (again) I plan on pulling that out of the barn and putting it on the water this season. I'm currently hunting for a "A" Marathon boat to handle the beating.

My father has returned to racing running the 100S Switzer Baby Bullet with a KG7 and I know that he also plans on bringing a fully restored 20 to wakefield to run.

In response to Big Don, I also know a number of non-classic motors and drivers that are meant to stay on shore as well.
          When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Hey Don ,Rob Dixon & myself are planning to bring our 20-h's to run in the hydro class.

thanks Ross Webster

Comment

I planning on bringing a 20H runabout
              53-w

Comment

• runabout333
                runabout333 commented
                Editing a comment
                Why isn't the KG-7 listed as a usable motor??? Just Curious.

KG-7? If you have one bring it! The goal is to field as many entries as possible so come one, come all.

Comment

• runabout333
                runabout333 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was just curious why it was left off of the first post..
                I do not have one,, but if Cooper would loan me a runabout and motor, I would race it!!!

Originally posted by Wakefield 2015 View Post
              Your Wakefield 2015 Race Committee is looking for some feedback concerning interest in running any and all Classics classes on Saturday after the Finals are complete. The tentative schedule has us wrapping up all Nat's classes by the end of Friday giving us most of Saturday for special events. We would like to run multiple special events on Saturday in order to not only have boats on the water for our sponsors but also to provide extra boat time and some extra fun for those who made the long trip.

Classic classes would include:
              KG4/Mk 15 hydro and runabout
              20H/25SS hydro and runabout
              30H/35SS hydro and runabout
              55H hydro and runabout

Minimum boat counts will be in effect (exact #'s TBD) so there may be class combinations, but we do want to get everyone who shows up on the water.

Please reply to this post if you are interested or know of someone who is.

Thank you.
              OK, if some retired grizzled veterans wanted to bring, say, a 1980's vintage DSH with a 55H, a combination that ran at Wakefield back in the day, it looks like we can't run that boat without alteration to the pickleforks... and a 55H won't fit a current boat because of short transoms. I see Mod and Pro have a 'grandfather' rule for vintage boats, but none in Stock Outboard?

Of course we'd need a renta-driver with current safety equipment who can actually get in the boat... but we're very reluctant to cut up a vintage boat for one 'fun' race.

Your thoughts?

Comment

Take a hole saw, cut a hole out of a piece of 3/4 wood stock. Cut the circle in half and screw it to the inside of the pickle tip. This will get you by the rule. When the race is over, take the half circles off the boat and fill the wood screw holes with putty and your done.
                Joe Silvestri
                CSH/500MH

Dominic Silvestri
                JH/JR

Comment

I can't image the Classic Division has a pickle rule...how is it being sanctioned?
                  ----
                  Graham18ce
                  Team Canada ThunderCat
                  Facebook - www.facebook.com\fralickracing
                  Twitter @FralickRacing
                  Instagram @FralickRacing

Comment

Originally posted by Big Don View Post
                    some classics are meant to stay on shore
                    Big Don,
                    I think we could dig up an old 30 inch wide bottom, short sponson Howard Craft (with 13M on it), clamp a 25SS on the transom and squeeze you in to it. Now that would be a classic. You may need to grow your hair out a bit to complete the illusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Graham 18ce View Post
                      I can't image the Classic Division has a pickle rule...how is it being sanctioned?
                      If its a CLASSIC class, don't see why the pickle rule is even involved.
                      sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by DiGia54D View Post

If its a CLASSIC class, don't see why the pickle rule is even involved.
                        Wayne,

I believe to run Classics, SO or OPC all current safety rules must be complied to. That includes cut suits, lifejackets, helmets, kill switches, steering cable installations, etc., etc.

Comment

Classics are part of the Stock Outboard Category as John indicates. All rules must be complied to and followed.

The Wakefield National Committee has made the decision to NOT have the Classic Nationals at Wakefield. We are very sorry if this disappoints anyone but...

We will however still run a special event that will include all classics. More detail to follow, but it will be very close to the original post above.

So Jerry start looking for a driver for the 55H rig. Maybe John Schubert is looking to make a comeback?

Don Allen

Comment

Working...
                          X