Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oshkosh WI AUG 30-31 Labor Day weekend

Stock, Mod, Antique runabout classes (service and race), and J classes

There could be paid testing on Saturday from 11am to noon, This price depends on ambulance FEE for weekend and number of drivers wanting to test!!

Come to Osh-Vegas Labor Day Weekend!! Stock and Mod Short Course Shoot Out !!!! Sat and Sun . This course is the Bristol of Kneel Down Boat Racing!!!! Plan out your trip Now!!

Friday-Track Resurfacing Party and setup!!! If you can plan on showing up early and help out so we have fresh clean water for the weekend!!

I want to have the club's boats in the water, fence, park benches, and race course done on Friday!!!

I will get club truck there by 1pm!!!!

Dock Side Tavern is are main sponsor again this year so please eat drink and party here Friday night!!!!!

They have great bands both nights outside on there deck!!!!!

Make sure they KNOW you are with the BOAT RACES!!! Tell your waitress and bartender that you are with us and you spent money there!!!!

See there web site below

Saturday - lots of good close racing followed with annual Saturday night drivers party and dinner at Club Orange with some nice new and old race boat film footage on the big screen TV

Sunday- More great racing, followed with track tear down and the great Wing Party at THE BAR.

THE BAR once again donated a Sunday night wing party for us to watch the Nascar race and hang out before we all leave Osh-Vegas till next year!!!

They also are a paying sponsor this year, other then just the normal free wings!!!!

Don't miss the best little race course in the Midwest!!!!!. If you like fun, friends, parties, and racing in front of a Huge spectator crowd come to Oshkosh!!!!

For the j-class drivers and AXS I have ice cream and mini golf games donated from Leon's drive in and Settlers Mill mini golf!!

Dock Side Tavern is are main sponsor again this year, So PLEASE go there Friday night to eat and hang out with us. Go there Sat night after Fred and Linda's party.

www.docksidetavern.com
    425 Nebraska St. in Oshkosh on the Fox River
    Last edited by 53-W; 08-05-2014, 04:51 PM.

I added some new details above . I am working on finding a hotel for racers at reduced cost!!!

:thumbs::thumbs:

Comment

The Sponsor Hotel for the Oshkosh is the Fairfield Inn & suites.
      1800 south Koeller Road
      They are giving us a discounted room rate. 920 233 8504
      Tell them you are with the Shake The Lake Hydroplane races to get the reduced rate

53w
      Last edited by 53-W; 08-12-2014, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Check out the hotel and come to Oshkosh

Comment

cover of program for Shake the lake 2015!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Oshkosh poster

Comment

Nice poster although I am partial to that "driver"!!!!!

Comment

We will be running 3 races over 2 days in top 4 classes
                Darrel

Comment

Im looking forward to being there to announce the races for Oshkosh and will see you there Friday. Maybe I can get gibby to let me go for a ride in the antique pr. since this is the only race site other than koshcongong I haven't been on. George Young

Comment

New B.S.O.A T-Shirts are finally on there way they will be for sale at Oshkosh race.

see pic front and back below!!!

Comment

come to Oshkosh

Comment

bumpy bumpy bumpy

Comment

We had a very good turn out over 85 entry a day. Had largest crowd there ever to watch, Food vendor had record food sales.
                          Fred and Linda's party Saturday was a good time.
                          Chicken Wing party at THE BAR Sunday night was a good time had lots of racers eating wing and watching the race.
                          Saturday we got bit by a 15min rain delay and constant buoy replacements which pushed us into a little bit into over time.
                          We also set record race program run time on Sunday, We had boats on water testing by 11:20am and was racing by 11:45am!!
                          We where done at 4:15pm and truck loaded and ready to leave by 5:02 PM.
                          We had constant boats on the water Sunday and put on an awesome show for the crowd!!!
                          Thanks to the scoring crew!!! Which there quick work allowed us to be able run non-stop heats
                          Thanks to Joey Z for doing the course again
                          Thanks to anyone else that helped out to run the race during the weekend
                          Donny Allen, Mike Frank, both got interviewed on local Fox News morning news show Sunday

Classes we ran each day, some 3 over 2

JSR,JSH,ASR,ASH,AXR,AXH,BSR,20SSH,CSR,CSH,302H,DSH ,200R,250R,750R,750H,C-SERV-R,C-RACE-R

Thank for coming and those that missed it you missed a good one again, We have a record of 16 years constant of good weather with 2 full days of racing in!!!
                          53w
                          Last edited by 53-W; 09-02-2014, 04:31 PM.

Comment

For all of you that never been to Oshkosh check out are Badger State Outboard Association web site to see the Fox 11 News interviews at the race in Oshkosh, WI!!

www.bsoa.net
                            Last edited by 53-W; 09-11-2014, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Awesome job Darrel!!

Comment

Working...
                              X