Outboards are ON at Quake on the Lake, Waterford, MI July 20-21st 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outboards are ON at Quake on the Lake, Waterford, MI July 20-21st 2013

I wanted to get this out there while people were beginning to set their 2013 race schedules.

I am pleased to announce that Stock and J Outboard Hydroplanes will be included at the Quake on the Lake, Inboard event in Waterford, MI on July 20-21st, 2013! JH, AXH/ASH, 20SSH/CSH, and 302SSH will be part of the big show and will be run between 11 AM - 4 PM on Saturday and Sunday.

Show money will be given out. Entry fees are expected to be very low or non-existent. More details as the date moves closer. This is a points race!

In an effort to promote our type of racing to the best of our ability, large boat counts are mandatory, so come on out and have some fun! Racing done by noon each day, other great racing action to watch, show money, and great entertainment at night.

Feel free to use this thread as a roll call and questionaire, amongst other things. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the event, please contact me, as I am the "Outboard Liasion" for the race.

Looking forward to seeing lots of folks there!

-Elek Hutchinson
    Last edited by Hutch06; 06-25-2013, 07:08 PM.
    Elek Hutchinson
    36M

The Quake

Good work, Hutch. I have always wanted to attend this event, and soon I will get to do so as a participant. I will steal a C Hydro if I have to. For real.

Jesse
    Team Red

Comment

Hmmmm ...I'm thinking I'll second Jesse's motion...what's the chance of stealing 2 CSH Jesse??
      Roger A 68M
      Team Casual

Comment

Update! - less than 4 weeks away!

A big bump for the Stock and Junior Outboard showing at Quake on the Lake in Waterford, MI July 20-21!

As an update - this will be a points race for Stock and Junior classes! We are looking for at least 30 entries across the JH, AXH, ASH, 20SSH, CSH, and 302SSH classes to give kneeldown outboard racing the best showing possible in front of a HUGE crowd!

There has been an update to the schedule, the kneeldown classes will be raced in conjunction with the larger inboard classes throughout the day on both Saturday and Sunday.

Stay tuned for lodging and entertainment information to be posted here soon. In the meantime, please use this forum as a roll call please, so we can have an idea as where to run the classes - we will try to accommodate best as possible to those wanting any requests.

JH - 5
        AXH - 1
        ASH - 4
        20SSH - 2
        302SSH - 7
        CSH - 3
        Last edited by Hutch06; 07-15-2013, 06:35 PM. Reason: roll call
        Elek Hutchinson
        36M

Comment

Deck racing

We will have 1 AXH, 2 302, and if needed 1 20, and 1 C hydros, as long as they are not combined.
          MD
          When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

12m

I am in for a 302SSH

Might have a JSH, but to early to tell.

Thanks,
            Dean

Comment

302 Super Stock Hydro

How many entries you guys think you will have in this class? dave

Comment

302SSH Entries

Dave,
                From what I have counted, I am thinking that we will have at least 4 302SSH's at this race, with the possibility of as much as 7 from within the state.
                -Elek
                Elek Hutchinson
                36M

Comment

Record Run Course

I have officially been told that this will be a record-run race for all categories. 1 Mile Course, 3 Laps/heat - for JH, AXH, ASH, 20SSH, 302SSH & CSH.
                  Elek Hutchinson
                  36M

Comment

Add a JH for Deck racing

As long as we get our mercury carb issues resolved and have a showing in Grass Lake, we will be running a JH as well! Hot off the presses after a heart to heart talk this evening with our J driver!
                    12M, Alex would love next, behind, or in front of Ryan, pass the word!
                    MD
                    When it comes to boat racing and the wife, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission, and of course I spent a number of nights sleeping on the couch!

Comment

Very cool

I am the "facilitator" for the 302 class...and I am very interested in how things go at this race. Make sure racers know that there will be prize money at nationals for class. Dave

Comment

Great job and sounds like a fun race. We could possibly race every class but JH and give Jesse his CSH ride. We just have to first justify the 7 hour drive each way.

Comment

Great to go to a race 5 miles from your house.
                          1- ash

Comment

JH / JR entries

Tanner and Fisher Dyle will be @ the Quake, I have an extra J merc if you cant figure out yours, and I will be @ grass lake too , Deck racing guys. I will also have 3 Junior Runabouts in the trailer, if there is ANY interest, and schedule time I would set up for a J driver w/o a runabout at either race. I will say that a seven hour ride would be my shortest drive ALL YEAR, so no complaining please.

Comment

J Merc Carb

Originally posted by DtwSailor View Post
                              As long as we get our mercury carb issues resolved and have a showing in Grass Lake, we will be running a JH as well! Hot off the presses after a heart to heart talk this evening with our J driver!
                              12M, Alex would love next, behind, or in front of Ryan, pass the word!
                              MD
                              We'll bring an extra carb for you if we make it to Grass Lake. And if it looks like we can't make GL, PM me your address and we can send you one...and I'll get you the carb rebuild kit number so you can order one also.

Mike Pavlick

Comment

Working...
                              X