Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USTS LAKE ALFRED RESULTS

USTS Lake Alfred "Race for the Kids"
    Well I guess I will try to do what a guy named Dutch Reagan did when he was at WHO in Des Moines “broadcasting” the Cub games. In reality he would receive a teletype of each pitch of the Cub game, and then recreate the results to the fan base. When someone got a hit they had a small bat that they would hit against the desk replicating the sound of the ball hitting the bat.

The reason for this is I was 20 minutes from the racecourse the whole weekend and never got there for racing. The Flu bug hit me on the flight down to Tampa and I spent the whole weekend in bed at the hotel and finally got home late Monday evening. No food from Friday Morning till Tuesday morning. Now I admit that food is my hobby, but lost 12 pounds in that week, not the way to lose weight.

So I will try to recreate a few things for us and add some commentary, and apologize for not getting this out sooner.
    Jason Sailer picked right up from having taken the USTS Hi Point Championship to start 2019 out right once again
    250ccR Final Results:

1 JASON SAILER
    2 PAUL BOSNICH III
    3 JAY WALLS, JR
    4 MICHAEL AKERSTROM
    5 TIM SMALL

In the 350H category it was a family affair with young Kurt Nydahl, besting his Dad Pete driving for the team in this opener, as Amy the usual driver is planning for her nuptials to Derek Gesler in a few days. It was great to know that James Aderholdt is back in country and running with the Title Series and had a great run in the 3rd spot. James has been in Europe the last few years driving over there while living abroad. Welcome home James
    350ccH Final Results:
    Family affair
    1 KURTIS NYDAHL
    2 PETE NYDAHL
    3 JAMES ADERHOLDT
    4 MARC LAROSE
    MacKenzie started the family winning at Lake Alfred taking home the 125H title over a great field of boats. This young woman then went on to graduate High School this month and is such an outstanding example to our younger drivers and fans. Thanks Mac. We also want to Welcome John Palmquist to the Title Series as he has taken on the challenge of driving Team Wienandt and had good first time out of the box with the USTS
    125ccH Final Results:

1 MACKENZIE HELLSTEN
    2 BRADLEY DYGERT
    3 BRIANNA PAYNa
    4 JOHN PALMQUIST
    5 ETHAN FOX
    6 RAYMOND HAMMOND
    7 ERIC SCMIDT
    8 EMILY HUTCHINSON

JW Meyers flew off the West Coast to pilot the super fast Thirlby Automotive equipment from the wrenches of Mike Thirlby. The usual pilot, Andrew Thirlby was not in attendance, but JW knew how to get that great equipment around the course well. RC Hawie from just down the street from Lake Alfred finished second and just wanted to thank RC for his efforts in promoting this race as he appeared on a local access TV station doing a great job of putting the Title Series out front.
    500ccR Final Results:

1 JW MYERS
    2 RC HAWIE
    3 DANIEL HOOTEN
    4 ANDREW KIRTS

Boy, was I mad when I found I missed this one. A Threefer of youngsters from great families, with Cooper Thompson a fifth generation driver picking up his first win and dunking from Pop Ben Thompson Young Brandon Payn, son of Laura and Brian Payn picked up a second over all in his first race. Young Ethan Fox from Omaha not only took third in K-Pro, but has[RR1] moved up into the 125R class as well with the Prop Riders.
    K Pro Hydro Final Results:

1 COOPER THOMPSON (First Win EVER)
    2 BRANDON PAYN (First Race EVER)
    3 ETHAN FOX

700ccR Final Results:

1 AUSTIN VANOVER
    2 PETE VOSS
    3 RC HAWIE
    4 JW MYERS
    5 NICK HOOTEN
    6 ANDREW KIRTS
    7 DANIEL HOOTEN
    Young Parker Thirlby out of the Thirlby Automotive trailer did a great job and took the win here at Lake Alfred, setting himself on a path to be a contender all year. Here we find that Prop Rider Ethan Fox finishing on the podium as well with Brad Dygert a young man from that famous Kirts village of Bristol, In took the 2nd spot.
    125ccR Final Results:

1 PARKER THIRLBY
    2 BRADLEY DYGERT
    3 ETHAN FOX
    And now the second of the Hellsten legacy came into play as Kristi Ellison took the 175H title here at Lake Alfred, I’m sure she enjoyed a quick, but welcome respite from a really cold and snowy Northern Wisconsin. Congrats to Brad Dygert who picked up a second podium finish.
    175ccH Final Results:

1 KRISTI ELLISON
    2 BRADLEY DYGERT
    3 PAUL KELLER
    4 KRISTY SHANK.
    5 BRIANNA PAYN
    Well Eric Vanover picked up where he left off last year, out front in the Thirlby Automotive entry. Fun to see that Ken Nicholson had a great run for a second and young Jake Hoffert finished on the podium as wll. New driver and older boat in Ray Bradford and old driver, I’m going to pay for this one, and new boat with David Hooten in capsules. Can’t wait for Depue, should have 12-15 of them.
    1100ccH Final Results

1 ERIC VANOVER
    2 KENNETH NICHOLSON
    3 JAKE HOFFERT
    4 RAYMOND BRADFORD
    5 DAN KIRTS
    6 DAVID HOOTEN
    Young Zach Larose who you could see coming each race last year, put it all together and finished out in front over the 2018 National and hi point champ, Eric Schmidt. I understand that the 3rd heat was a real thriller as Eric was out front for most of the heat, until the final corner when Zach was able to get by. This is a chip of the old blocks of Grandpa Chick, Dad Neil, and Uncle Mark, a talented family and then some. We welcomed Mike Akerstrom who took to piloting Pete Kelly’s equipment as he and his bride were on a cruise during the race.
    250ccH Final Results:

1 ZACH LAROSE
    2 ERIC SCHMIDT
    3 KEVIN ELLISON
    4 KURTIS NYDAHL
    5 PETE NYDAHL
    6 MICHAEL AKERSTROM
    7 JP JEDWABNY
    8 JAKE QUESSE
    And to finish it off, JJ Walls in the Brinkman Electric rig took the win over perennial powerhouse Rich Krier for the win at Lake Alfred.
    350ccR Final Results:

1 JAY WALLS, JR
    2 RICHARD KRIER

Again, my apologies for not getting this out sooner, but the flu really did a number on me and just in the last few days feeling human. Hope to see everyone at Pleasant Prairie and a report to come quickly. See you there.

Ray
    [RR1]ov

Working...
X