2015 ZAK Award Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 ZAK Award Winner

Mike Krier and I are very pleased to announce the 2015 Winner of the ZAK Award is Amy Nydahl of Bristol, Wisconsin. The Award was presented to her at the USTS Banquet and Awards ceremony several weeks ago in Chicago.

Amy won the award for 350 Hydro, which was the class decided upon after last year's conclusion of the racing season. As most of you know by now, the Award is presented in the name and memory of Harry Pasturczak, who was the Chief Inspector for USTS during its first years of operation. He passed away in the early 90's, but his memory lives on in this award. The Award is presented to the class, in his name and spirit, which has been down in participation the previous year, for various reasons and just needs a little help and a push to be back on top again. The Award is presented to the HIgh Point winner of that class, and the class presented to has never failed to benefit from the Award by gaining participants the following year.

In addition to his Inspector duties, Harry also towed the rescue boat and all associated equipment back and forth to all the races, and maintained them at his own expense. It was only when USTS became on solid footing and financially solvent and secure that he allowed reimbursement for this expense. The award has been in existence for 20+ years now, and has become one of the most prestigious awards given in USTS and PRO racing, no matter the sanctioning body.

Mike and I are especially proud of Amy this year, as she is the first female winner . Amy has proved she has what it takes to be successful, gender aside, as a Driver and not any more so than the last few years when she has competed in the big Hydro classes and also 250CC and 350CC Hydro both in the regular season and at the USTS Nationals. If I, or anyone else owned a F-1 or Champ Tunnel boat, they could do no better than to choose her to represent them. I truly hope she has that opportunity some day as she is is as formidable driver as any I have seen on the course in my 50+ years of both participating and spectating in the sport of Boat Racing. In addition to that she is a lovely young lady as the attached photos prove and a credit to our sport.

Contributors to the award for 2015 are as follows:

David Tenney 250.00 Cash
    Steve Litzell 100.00 in Shear Pins
    Thrilby Auto 100.00 in Spark Plugs
    Rex Hall 100.00 in Crank Work
    Derrick Gesler 100.00 in Pipe Work
    Tim Small 100.00 in Vinyl Graphics
    Mike Krier 300.00 in Boat Repair
    B&B Electric USTS 2016 Membership
    Bill and Eileen Van Steenwyk Permanent Trophy to Keep (large Trophy is traveling trophy)

and last but not least Pete Nydahl who contributed a 30,000.00 College scholarship and "motivation" on the race course for Amy!!

All in all over 1200.00 in value (not counting Pete) MANY THANKS TO ALL THE CONTRIBUTORS

Congratulations Amy

The Award for 2016 will be for 250CC Hydro. For those competitors get your equipment ready, and, better watch out Amy does not win it again as that is another of her strong classes.
    Last edited by bill van steenwyk; 11-27-2015, 09:36 PM.
Working...
X