PLEASANT PRAIRIE SUNDAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASANT PRAIRIE SUNDAY

Sunday dawned dreary and cold and the wind was a blowing, but we were able to run off all of the heats in a quick time and without major incidents.

In 350R 7 boats hit the water with Tim Small letting the field know he will be a factor this year in not only 250 and 500R, but here as well. He won the first two heats going away, with Paulie Bosnich putting his stamp on the 3rd heat to let Tim know that he will be at his heels. Rich Krier drove a good race, although his weekend was marred with tearing equipment up as he sat on the water during one of the heats.

Tim
    Paul
    Richard

7-125R hit the water with one driver latterly, as JJ Walls skied the Prop Rider entry and was pitched out. Talking to him later, he was okay, he told me that the boat just disappeared out from under him and the next thing he knew he was taking a bath.

Brandon Mills and Parker Thirlby drove great races, but the wily veteran, David Jones just had too much muscle for them and took the win overall. Otis would be proud of your effort Brandon. David had a good weekend of racing as he was on the podium for 125h/125R

David
    Brandon
    Parker

250H
    Say Amy Nydahl really fast, why yes she was. Brother Kurt picked up the first heat, after Amy missed a buoy, but Kurt had his troubles and missed a heat, while Brian Palmquist drove to 2 third place finishes and a third to take 2nd overall.

Amy
    Kurt
    Brian

In K-Pro, Parker Thirlby drove to his 3rd heat win, but Brianna Payn drove to the win in the 4th heat, while Lyndsy McGrath took thirds in all heats. These youngsters put on a great show as he and Brianna were never more than a few boat lengths apart in all of the heats.

Parker
    Brianna
    Lyndsy

700R
    I do not know from what planet Andrew Thirlby is from in this class, but not from here for sure. He scored two heat wins in a fashion that took your breath away. He started on the outside in both heats, as far back as 15 boat lengths and had the lead coming out of the first turn. Derek Gesler, driving his own build and design runabout, equated himself quite well to finish 2nd in both heats, while Dad Mike Thirlby finished 3rd in each heat.

Andrew
    Derek
    Mike

175H was almost a repeat of the 125H run on Saturday with GJ, missed buoy's, engine issues, etc. As it turned out, Jon Wienandt and Raymond Hammond ended up tied on points for the 1st spot and took home the title by 2 seconds overall. Great run for Baylee Burkland as well as she ended up with 2 2nds and DNF, to give her the 3rd spot overall.

A great job by Denise as she had us in fine stead with registration and leading the best team in racing at the judges stand. Thanks to all of them, along with Big Pal, Paul Bosnich and our leader Todd Brinkman.

Ray

Thank you for the input. The Rusnak and McKean families were interesting in the results. Still no word on the McKean Racing of their future.

Comment

• Al Lang
      Al Lang commented
      Editing a comment
      Ray, once again a super run down. Again I wish to thank you for the E mail. It was a very approate run down as we had been a boating family. My step daughter broke down reading it. she said it was perfect. Reading your run downs takes my mind off our sorrow. My wife was an avid boater when we were in MI.
Working...
X