Worlds at Lake Alfred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds at Lake Alfred

the Race for Kids and the U.S. Title Series held the first day of testing and time trials here with the weather cooperating fully in Florida Sunshine. A full day of testing was followed by timing for O-250H and O-125H withe the European contingent showing great speed. Alex Zilioli of Estonia was the first driver out this morning and promptly blew over a 125 headed to the first turn, driver and boat, both okay, with Zilioli taking the 3rd best time later today. Manuel Zambelli, a world champ many times lead the second place driver, Massimo Rossi, both VRP, factory entries, know what your thinking, no not that Rossi. Zambelli turned the course about 1.2 seconds faster than Rossi with Todd Anderson in the new Trombetta Race for the Kids entry. Sixteen 125's will hit the water tomorrow. In O-250H, the first driver out set a pace no other driver could match, as Claudio Fanzini took the top spot over Zambelli, defending world champ, sliding into the 250Hh and getting close, but no cigar. Chris Hellsten from just up the street in Orlando, took the top American spot. Our thanks to Ralph Donald, so very instrumental in putting this together, and to Gary Levin and Bill Hosler and the Lion's Club who have put something very special together here at Lake Alfred. My thanks also to Sue Sailer, our chief scorer, Mark Wheeler our ref, Todd Brinkman, race director, and as usual, Mr. Everywhere Paul Bosnich. We will be live streaming on the APBA website tomorrow, with the help of Ryan Berlin, Exec. Director of APBA, see you tomorrow with results of first two heats results.

How many non- USA drivers are competing there?? Looks like just 3 drivers from the time sheets posted on the APBA Website by President Wheeler......

Comment

Matt, 7 in 125/250 and another 2 or 3 for other classes.

Comment

Ray......can you list them and the country's they represent?? Not everyone visits the APBA site. Thanks.
        Last edited by Matt Dagostino; 10-18-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Broadcast live streaming video on Ustream
          HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
            Matt Dagostino commented
            Editing a comment
            Dan.....the volume is very low on my computer?? matt

Cool to finally meet you, talk boat racing, and share a couple beers Yvonne......I'm sure Mr "Teddy" Bear will see you over your last tumble. Thank Team Thurby for the brews a kick some boat racer butt today! !

~https://hydroracer.net/forums/filedat...734&type=thumb
          Last edited by STEVE FRENCH; 10-18-2014, 10:00 AM. Reason: add pic
          100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

100N STEVE FRENCH > Nobody can hang with my STUFF!! >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

SEEEEEE YAAAAAA!!............In my WAKE!! .............100N>>

Comment

Just quickly as Ray will provide full results. Mikey Schmidt had a podium finish 3rd in 250 Hydro could have been second but broke a drive shaft coupler in heat 3. Todd Anderson driving the sponsor Race For Kids Boat entered by Ralph Donald after 4 heats beat the Italian Demmler/VRP entry on time by 1.5 seconds. While this was an APBA World championship & not an UIM they did a clock start. After the first heat in which Todd did a masterful job stealing the start & running away with the heat, each of the ensuing heats the Europeans stalked him at the start not being familiar with clock starts.There was a little interference on the last heat start as the Polish driver went thru turn 2 & crossed in front of Todd ,but had not entered the starting chute at 500 feet. It did disrupt Todd's rythem placing second that heat. The Italian driver & the Demmler crew celebrated after the heat win but forgot they were tied on points & about 10 minutes after their celebration, it was announced that Todd had won on tiem. WE all thought he did even before it was annouced.

Comment

LIVE STREAM...........Great job Ray (and sidekick) for a great job announcing on the APBA Live Stream. It was almost like being there.. APBA Live stream Rocks!!

Comment

• bill boyes
                  bill boyes commented
                  Editing a comment
                  who was your sidekick Ray. Robbie something?

Galetta Robbie. Married to Debbie Eldredge. He is the most generous person you will ever meet having given tens of thousand of dollars to sponsor pro racing for years. Gave over 20,000 this year at the USTS nationals for prize money with large trophy's. The nicest man there is. Although Robbie never raced his dad did as well as his wife.

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
                  Matt Dagostino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Pat.........i remember his dad. He was a big man and loved the big 'ALKY' classes. Very nice guy!
              Working...
              X