Johnson City, TN - Round #6 USTS Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson City, TN - Round #6 USTS Finals

Johnson City, TN is the final PRO Race of the US Title Series for 2014.

UNOFFICAL STANDINGS

With four wins and a strong second at the Nationals of the Six Race Series, Tim Small with 2050 points is the 250cc Runabout High Point Champion for 2014.

Jay Walls Jr driving V – 99 with three wins and a second at the last week Nationals with 1875 points becomes the 2014 High Point Champion in 125cc Runabout.

1100cc Hydro High Point Champion for 2014 falls to “speedy” Amy Nydahl “The fastest girl on the water!” she wins the Title with 1794 points, by having a win at the Nationals and two additional wins, you go girl!!

In KPRO Brianna Payn, “another fast girl”, in X – 22 is the High Point Champion for 2014 with 1762.5 points, Amy better keep an eye on this up and comer.

Tim Small, driving boat #5, wins the 350cc Runabout High Point Champion with 1650 points by having three Series wins and another strong second at the DePue US Title Series Nationals. Good Driving Tim!

In 500cc Runabout, with a Nationals win and two other Series wins, Andrew Thirlby is the USTS High Point Champion for 2014. Last year he thought you had to be crazy to race in this class and now he is the Champ!

The High Point Champion for 2014 in 175cc Hydro goes to Todd Anderson, driving boat #11, with 1400 points, Todd won the Nationals and the two other Series Races.

500cc Capsule Hydro is too close to call, Ike Yoder in M – 50 is leading Tom Adkins in #32 by only 152 points, a Johnson City win will decide the US Title Series High Point Champion.

At present Mike Thirlby in M – 47 is point leader in 700cc Runabout, but there are three other boats driven by Brian Payn, Andrew Thirlby, and Derek Gesier that could pull off an upset. This is one race you need to watch at Johnson City!

With five different winners in the last 5 Series Races, the 350cc Hydro High Point Championship is open to three drivers Amy Nydahl in W – 71 with 1402 points, Ike Yoder in M – 50 with 1314.5 points, and Gary Buskirk Jr in #97 with 1094 points, another must see race to watch.

Amy Nydahl in #71 is the Series Leader in 250cc Hydro, followed closely by Eric Schmidt trailing by only 79 points, and with brother Kurtis Nydahl in #17 not far behind, dad Pete Nydahl must have a very hard time to decide who to root for and keep peace in the family.

In 125cc Hydro, the High Point Champion will be contested by five drivers, David Jones with 1027 points, David Tenney in D – 10E with 900 points, Pete Kelly with 879.5 points, Jake Quesse in #93 with 836.5 points, and finally novice Raymond Hammond with 743.5 points. It’s anybody guess who will pull out the win at Round #6 in Johnson City, September 12, 13, 14. You got to be there to share the action.

Finally…..
    Please keep Sean McKean in your thoughts and prayers tonight, he was severely injured competing in our 1100cc Hydro Nationals last week. All the best to this fine man, father and racer.

Bill
    Last edited by ProHydroRacer; 07-31-2014, 01:24 PM.

Only Five weeks before Johnson City, TN for the Wrap-up of the 2014 US Title Series. Five USTS Championships will be decided at this pivoted race. The 700cc Runabout, 500cc Hydro, 350cc Hydro, 250cc Hydro, and 125cc Hydro hangs on the outcome of this Round #6 Series Final. You have to there to see who pulls out the Championships.

Comment

Race Fans in the Bristol TN area, look for a Interview by Todd Brinkman President of US Title Series on TV tonight.

Comment

hey, what are the dates for the Johnson City race? I live in Sevierville and would love to see some boat racing down here? Anybody gets near the Smokies let me know, I can get ya around to some pretty cool places!
        Time to go fishing!

Comment

Testing Sept 12th, racing 13th & 14th

Directions: I-26 E (W) _ take exit 19 towards Hwy 381 (Bristol), left onto Carroll Creek Road
          Last edited by DiGia54D; 08-13-2014, 05:37 AM.
          sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Originally posted by Bowers76-S View Post
            hey, what are the dates for the Johnson City race? I live in Sevierville and would love to see some boat racing down here? Anybody gets near the Smokies let me know, I can get ya around to some pretty cool places!
            Great, this is the third powerboat race held in east Tennessee this year, the first two were continuing events of previous years. With effort put in by many varied groups, east Tennessee could be a hot bed of racing activity.

" It's a sad day when you've outgrown everything"
            Art Pugh

Comment

Good time to book your hotel room for the US Title Series' Season Final Race in Johnson City Tennessee September 12, 13, & 14. Only 13 days before the USTS Champions are crowned! Come watch the action.
              Where Winners are made on the Water.

Comment

We are planning to attend the race with Don running Tim Chance's 250/350 runabout. We did have plans to bring out D mod runabout to enter the 700 runabout race. I was informed that only a rotary valve engine can run which means Konig or Koney. I guess if a "D" Quincy Looper showed up it would not be allowed to run. Is this true?

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  True............

~~700 R Konig/Konny rotary valve engine over 500cc up to a maximum of 710cc

Comment

They usually have only 3 or 4 boats that show up. Figured a few of these 44.s would make a better showing. I know this is not APBA but a deflector can step down one class at any local race but the nationals. Would a "D" deflector be able to run in 500 runabout?

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    US Title Series Class Rule allow for any engine from "over 350cc up to a maximum of 500cc" only.

Guess the deflector rule is out. Sounds like stock outboard racing. Thought we were better than that.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bob, US Title Series never allowed "Step Down" in the 30 plus years of their existence. Sorry Bob.

I will not be there as I am still in the hospital. Doesn't sound like I will be out soon enough.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jim what is the problem?

• froggy3racer
                    froggy3racer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have pneumonia. Been in here since Wednesday. Doc says too much work and not enough rest. Guess I will get it now. Would rather be playing with my toys though with the rest of you.

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Jim take care!

Bob,
                  With all your whining/negativity towards the USTS lately maybe you should go run Stock Outboard, or better yet Mod where your boat is categorized by its specs.

Or maybe you could be an active member of the USTS and READ THE RULEBOOK and follow the rules. They were put in place for a reason and if you want to understand that reason maybe you should attend the meeting in the fall! Please do, we won't be attending to listen to all the BS.

And if you are worried about safety so much, a D mod runs slower than a 250 runabout and you want to stick him out there with the 700's? C'mon! How is this a bright idea?!

It is always the people doing nothing for the series that complain and hurt the series. If you really want to help boat racing, follow the plan that the series has in place and SUPPORT it. These people know what they are doing! Or keep B****ing, and continue to watch people disappear.

Signing off as Todd, not Jay, this time.

Comment

• Bob Rusnak
                    Bob Rusnak commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Todd, sorry if you thought this was whining, I was just trying to clarify the rules and support the USTS as much as we can. I will talk to you in Tenn. so we both will stay off this site.

I'm sorry, but I think ALL of the negativity needs to be removed. I don't think these comments are necessary on here. Someone needs to take a chill pill.

Comment

• fastgal71
                    fastgal71 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agreed, it's quite embarrassing for our club. Let's keep it PROFESSIONAL since we're a professional outboard club afterall (:

Amy

Getting back to why this post was started:

Johnson City, TN is next weekend September 12,13 & 14.

This will be my last race as USTS Referee, it has been an honor for me to participate again in what I think is one of the most exciting sport in the world, US Title Series PRO Racing. Racing is not always a good time, and there are many bad times, but the Good Times far out weigh the bad.

We are all planning to have a good time at this new fall wrap-up race. Come join us and watch if you don't have equipment to race.

We will continue to race with US Title Series Race Rules.

The National High Point Champs in Five Classes are still too close to call.

500cc Capsule Hydro, Ike Yoder in M – 50 is leading Tom Adkins in #32 by only 152 points, a Johnson City win will decide the US Title Series High Point Champion.

Mike Thirlby in M – 47 is point leader in 700cc Runabout, but there are three other boats driven by Brian Payn, Andrew Thirlby, and Derek Gesier that could pull off an upset. This is one race you need to watch at Johnson City!

With five different winners in the last 5 Series Races, the 350cc Hydro High Point Championship is open to three drivers Amy Nydahl in W – 71 with 1402 points, Ike Yoder in M – 50 with 1314.5 points, and Gary Buskirk Jr in #97 with 1094 points, another must see race to watch.

Amy Nydahl in #71 is the Series Leader in 250cc Hydro, followed closely by Eric Schmidt trailing by only 79 points, and with brother Kurtis Nydahl in #17 not far behind, dad Pete Nydahl must have a very hard time to decide who to root for and keep peace in the family.

In 125cc Hydro, the High Point Champion will be contested by five drivers, David Jones with 1027 points, David Tenney in D – 10E with 900 points, Pete Kelly with 879.5 points, Jake Quesse in #93 with 836.5 points, and finally novice Raymond Hammond with 743.5 points. It’s anybody guess who will pull out the win at Round #6 in Johnson City, September 12, 13, 14. You got to be there to share the action.

US Title Series is always looking for volunteers, I answered the call again in 2014, think about giving something back to the sport for the 2015 Race Season. You don't run PRO, then volunteer for the Race Division that you participate in. No one is paid in these positions, it is a lot of hard work with no rewards, but hell you will feel better at the and of the season knowing that you paid back to the sport for all the effort others did before you.
                  Last edited by ProHydroRacer; 09-06-2014, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X