Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ahmad Al Hameli Finishes 5th In Bay City, Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmad Al Hameli Finishes 5th In Bay City, Michigan!

Team Abu Dhabi Drivers A Big Hit In America!

BAY CITY, Michigan – Monday, June 29, 2009 – Ahmad Al Hameli fought the rough water conditions on the one mile (1.62 kilometer) four pin course in front of tens of thousands of race fans in downtown Bay City, Michigan for the 22nd Annual Bay City River Roar on the Saginaw River on Sunday afternoon.
    The driver from Team Abu Dhabi on the U.I.M. F1 H2O World Championship tour came to America to race with teammate Thani Al Qamzi in hopes of helping develop the OMC Johnson engine that has been developed with the help of engine wizard Ron Anderson and Greg Jacobsen of Seattle, Washington.
    Thani's desire to race was squashed when he realized late last week that his DAC boat was still in a Houston, Texas compound and was failed to be released in time by United States customs to race in yesterday's event. So, the 30 year-old drivers points leader joyfully helped out his teammate as he continued his development of the “white” engine that finally finished a full F1-ChampBoat Grand Prix event with Ahmad taking a solid fifth in a boat that was about 100 kilos overweight to the rest of his competitors.
    “We had a great time and am happy to finish fifth today,” said Ahmad. “It's a shame that Thani couldn't join me but he seemed to enjoy himself as well. Now it's time to get back to the business of getting ready for the Grand Prix of Russia at St. Petersburg in early August.”
    American hero Tim Seebold lead from start to finish off pole position to take his first victory of the year and his third in his history at the Bay City River Roar. His win tied him with his brother Michael for the all-time win list in the 25 year history of F1-ChampBoat racing with 28.
    Chris Fairchild driving a DAC boat that helped him win the 24 Hours of Rouen a few years ago took second by less than a second with points leader Shaun Torrente of Miami, Florida was third. Both drivers have raced on the U.I.M. F1 H2O World Championship tour in the last few years as well.
    The great “American Adventure” has come to a close and now it's back to business for Team Abu Dhabi as they head to St. Petersburg on the eighth and ninth of August with Thani Al Qamzi in first place in the championship with Ahmad Al Qamzi 5th.
    Stay in the Know – with F1 H2O!
    HTML Code:

"https://twitter.com/HydroRacerTV?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @HydroRacerTV

Great Race !!!

We had great seats for this at Hooters, Bay City !
    Some fast boats...
    Larry
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like great fun was had by all who attended. Also appears that the weather was warm and favorable for racing.

Welcome to hydroracer, we hope you enjoy your visit.

Comment

here are sum pics from bay city river roar 2009

my wife took these while i was busy working on mark johnsons boat
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X