56 omc triple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 omc triple

Im considering building a 56cid omc 3 holer and run it on alky, any thought on piston to wall clearance , carb jetting, oil mix, stuff like that??
    Jeff

for racing or just fun

Comment

• thetrailergod
      thetrailergod commented
      Editing a comment
      race it in 2 man rbt

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
    Im considering building a 56cid omc 3 holer and run it on alky, any thought on piston to wall clearance , carb jetting, oil mix, stuff like that??
    What pistons are you going to use forged or cast? .004 is usual piston clearance but you can go .003 but will need to break in on bench and cam grind piston at wrist pin area. I would go 16 ccs in the head (some have gone as far as 13ccs) I would also go to adjustable needle in the carbs in place of jets. Use a pulse tuned exhaust (Hustler makes a good set up) and use 50/50 mix of castor oil and synthetic blend for oil.
    These motors have a weak point it is the rods, RPM over 8200 is ventilation due to rod failure.

Comment

Hi Jeff,
      You'll want my external pulse tuned Mod-50 style exhaust system - machining & fitting required. Fixed main jets are fine but need to flow 20% more: An electric pump and pressure regulator is required. Increased compression and cooler spark plugs are a given. BTW:OMC rods are not an issue - I ran bone stock rods and factory cast pistons in my Turbo 56 at 8500 with no problems (appx. 155 HP). 248-seven seven zero-6897
      Tim

Comment

Originally posted by thetrailergod View Post
        Talk to Derek Gesler... He built and runs a 6 Cylinder Alky and tell tell you everything you will need.
        sigpicWayne DiGiacomo

Comment

Working...
        X