No announcement yet.

Sit in boats....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would the Dillon racing v bottom be legal c or d boat for top o?
    Bob

Comment

• racnbns
      racnbns commented
      Editing a comment
      Didn't Tim Kurz run his V bottom boat in Top O 2 or 3 years ago or was that in a special class?

Bruce

Hello all,

To help sort out rumor from fact......

Sit down runabouts: Dale Ropp came out of retirement in 2013 to built a one-off 15'-0" V-bottom Top-O racer D-123-M of my own design. Primary design inputs were from Allison, Critchfield, with most significant design input from Chris Fabbro, and final touches from Dale. It delivered exceptional right and left turning capability in all kinds of rough, and delightful no-pound rough water capability. It could safely be run as a sit down - ask John Broge.

In 2013, it placed 4th at Top-O underpowered with a MK58H Merc. It tehen placed 2nd at Top-O in 2014, winning DSR-Marathon high points and overall marathon high points; and is the first recipient of the Craig DeWald award. Further, it dominated the Trenton "gut buster" marathon 2013-2014-2015. Dale has a set of plans and builders notes ready for interested parties.

Sit-down hydros: In 1990, I purchased an experimental 12'-0" Ropp hydro rigged for sit down by Jim Dernoncourt. It was run in DMH at IOA Coldwater with a stock Merc 44XS. Fast enough down the straight, it suffered in the turns due to high driver CG. Re-rigged as a kneeler, I won the 1991 FEH high point championship that year with a Johnson 45SS-Mod. You might talk to Dale or Jim Dernoncourt for more information.

Tim Kurcz
    Horseshoe Bend, Idaho

Comment

Enjoy these images

Comment

I remember the pink it was wicked fast!
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by KG4 View Post
          I remember the pink it was wicked fast!
          Thanks for remembering. It was fast, and would turn inside or out. Hasn't been in the water since it was sold over 15 year ago. I'll post a pic once a print is scanned - before digital!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Kurcz View Post
            Enjoy these images
            Tim did you run power trim?
            Bob

Comment

Working...
            X