15 HP OMC Center Ceankshaft Bearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 HP OMC Center Ceankshaft Bearing?

Is there a replacement for new OMC 3318863 & 393804 center bearing (n/a) for the 15 HP OMC? I have some experienced (used) parts, but would prefer new if possible. I have tried Pro Marine, Outboard Parts, and Seaway.

Lots of races, 318863 on ebay

Comment

What has been the general experience with using old bearings with relatively low hours on them. I'm reminded of my experience in the early 60's with bad factory connecting rod needle bearings from Mercury on my 20H. It became evident when the crank journal with new bearings failed and the crank journal with the old bearings was OK. Cost me two crankshafts.

Comment

I prefer used center main bearings in my OMC 15 race engines. I have never had one fail.

Jeff Scheffler

Comment

• SeaBat
          SeaBat commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Jeff. It helps making the decision to install the used center bearings. I have two used sets with low hours that were replaced just because.

Originally posted by SeaBat View Post
        What has been the general experience with using old bearings with relatively low hours on them. I'm reminded of my experience in the early 60's with bad factory connecting rod needle bearings from Mercury on my 20H. It became evident when the crank journal with new bearings failed and the crank journal with the old bearings was OK. Cost me two crankshafts.
        If the bearings are not blued or have not skidded, reuse em....a loose bearing is faster...
        Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

• SeaBat
          SeaBat commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Darren.
      Working...
      X