200 mod exhaust mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 mod exhaust mods

Could someone explain what gets done to the exhaust for 200 mod D and U I decided to put the mariner back on the fishing boat and build this 86 omc 15 I got for 100$
    Last edited by GheenoeRacer; 01-17-2018, 01:18 PM.

Depends on your setup and whether you need punch or top end. The rule requires the pipe to have the first one inch of original pipe. Then do whatever you wish. However, the best racing setup (in my opinion) is to run the stock pipe with only the hole in its side welded shut. The D hole can be run either as-is or closed - haven't seen a big difference. (Also, close the hole in the side of the water tube.) This setup will run ASH (OMC) props faster. [Don't tell Mikey I'm sharing our 'secrets.']

​Fred
    Fred Hauenstein

Comment

How about the flywheel? Can it be lightened, balanced, polished, or a different one used?

Thanks for the info

Comment

• Fast Freddie
        Fast Freddie commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't touch the flywheel!

• GheenoeRacer
        GheenoeRacer commented
        Editing a comment
        Oops, sanded and polished already, I’ll have to buy one on eBay. I’m going to run it on the local lakes without cowlings.

If I remember correctly you have to use the stock flywheel, no balancing or machining

Comment

Ports just get squared or raised to spec?

Comment

I know it’s not legal but I’d like to build an intake manifold and try a Lectron for fun. Call it canoe unlimited, lol

Could I use any carb that meets the spec? Like a mikuni?
          Last edited by GheenoeRacer; 01-20-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X