hand throttle on the steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand throttle on the steering wheel

Has anyone made or retrofitted aftermarket hand throttle onto a steering wheel , any thoughts or photos
    Thanks

I have seen motorcycle like handle bars with the hand throttle

Comment

Originally posted by Too wright View Post
      Has anyone made or retrofitted aftermarket hand throttle onto a steering wheel , any thoughts or photos
      Thanks
      Over 60 years ago Jerry Wilson lost his throttle arm when it was hit by a propeller. His father, boat builder, George Wilson, made a hydraulic squeeze bulb that was integrated into the steering wheel for the throttle. Jerry went on to win Championships steering and running the throttle with only his right arm. I was friends with the family, after Jerry retired from racing, and George built me three boats. George also built racing boats for Roy Rogers "The King of the Cowboys". The Wilson's were from Rice Lake Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Too wright View Post
        Thanks
        Get in touch with Lee Tietze at Machined Components.... He should be able to fix you up. He advertises here.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

I think Tom Cronk has a steering wheel throttle

Comment

• Tom Cronk
            Tom Cronk commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry,but I can't help you.
            Tom

Steering wheel off a Projet Zodiac may work. The throttle is on the back side of the steering wheel on the right side and you pull it toward you. Let me know if you want some pictures, we have one here.

Comment

I believe Billy Allen had one in the 80's when he hurt his arm.

Comment

Billy had a small pull lever (I believe from a snowmobile) attached to his steering wheel.

Comment

Try a jet ski throttle lever.
                Dave
                42-C

Comment

Working...
                X