Courious about the Sidewinder 20cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courious about the Sidewinder 20cube

Stock outta box, what kind of power do you get. Say compared to a KG7H. Reason I ask... im getting a wild hair to obtain one for pond running. I was thinking of giving it a green top gas tank to disguise it as a 10hp. Champion Kiekhaefer Rod Winder H?
    (I'm sure some might really cringe at this.)
    I guess also... what are the outer approximate dementions of the powerhead?

Are you from Colorado?

Comment

Do I seem like a mile "high" kind of guy for thinking of this? No Squirreldelux, I'm from south east Ohio.

Comment

Some info here

http://www.racingoutboards.com/Products/Sidewinder.aspx
        "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
        No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

The motors are sold for racing - get a 20 H and paint it like a Mk 15

Comment

Originally posted by Aqua Zombie View Post
            Stock outta box, what kind of power do you get. Say compared to a KG7H. Reason I ask... im getting a wild hair to obtain one for pond running. I was thinking of giving it a green top gas tank to disguise it as a 10hp. Champion Kiekhaefer Rod Winder H?
            (I'm sure some might really cringe at this.)
            I guess also... what are the outer approximate dementions of the powerhead?
            The Yamato will not fit under a KG-7 gas tank or base pan..... But a 20-H power head will.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

• ZUL8TR
              ZUL8TR commented
              Editing a comment
              ? He is asking about a Sidewinder not a Yamato.

Ok... A 20 cu in Sidewinder. My mistake. It's possible it would fit under a KG-7 gas tank..... I think the original Hot Rods would fit.... but they had the carburetor in the front like the Mercury did. The Sidewinder has the carburetor on the side... I'm sure you would want to also use the belly pan and I don't think it would fit with that... Ask to find one locally to you so you could do a fit check.

Good luck.
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

As a major proponent of SW Racing Outboards I would recommend a different motor. You won't get what you are looking for from a Sidewinder. However, if you want to come racing, I highly recommend it as the best ride in Stock Outboard. (Although I would be remiss in not mentioning the 25xs, clearly the best ride but just not a viable option for the future.)
              Ryan Runne
              9-H
              Wacusee Speedboats
              ryan.runne.4@gmail.com

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"--Albert Einstein

These days, I find it easier to look up to my youngers than my elders.

Comment

The Sidewinders do run, no comparison to the old 'stock outboard' Merc's. They are for racing tho & you probably need a current racing license to buy one. That said think of it in a new way.. Join in & race you'll be glad for it.
                Team Tower

Comment

Working...
                X