15hp evinrude help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15hp evinrude help

I have an entire 92 or 93 modle: ekt-11c searial #: e0685510, I bought this motor that had been sitting for awhile. It looks brand new but we're not getting the kind of speed we should. Is there something engine builders did after these motors were bought from the APBA. I did a compression check and both cylinders are around 148/149. Any suggestions on how I can get more speed?

rev limit? You should see high 6k or better. Could be about anything.... too big of prop or too heavy boat or driver etc. I would check the pack to make sure it was not a fishing engine with a rev limit.

Comment

My post should say evinrude not evinrude, this one of those motors built for the APBA. I will figure out how to check the rev limit. Thanks

Comment

APBA was not involved with the sale or distribution of OMC A motors. They were distributed and sold by regular OMC dealers. I don't believe there were power packs with rpm limiters as 7000 rpm was even OK on the fishing motors. Should be # 582285. I believe the basic engine is 1986-1992 as the 93 model fishing motor had significant changes. The biggest alteration racers make is a general loosening up of clearances (piston-to-wall, big end rod bearing and center crankshaft clearance) but more importantly it was later allowed to block some water passages to dry up the exhaust.

I was more of a Johnson guy and the Johnson model was JKT-10S. I am assuming the Evinrude would be similar (EKT-10S) so I don't know if your 11c designation is a later service model or what?
        Last edited by Team B&H; 05-31-2017, 02:38 PM.

Comment

How far (inches) is the propeller shaft below the boat bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by smirnoff View Post
            How far (inches) is the propeller shaft below the boat bottom?
            1'' to 1 3/8 ''
            Dave
            42-C

Comment

Ed Runne can make go

Comment

Working...
              X