Ok to paint a Yamato Foot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok to paint a Yamato Foot?

Figured it would be quicker to ask here than search through the rule book. I have noticed that all Yamato lower units I've seen have been polished, but is it ok to paint one?

Most likely no in stock, but for mod foot? Why do you want to paint the gear case then a maintenance issue with chipping paint ? With alum easy to clean up with Brasso polish.

I am up with the hurricane that is coming closer to my house.
    "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
    No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

No rule against painting in Stock, as long as you meet all minimum dimensions.

Comment

Thank you, I had some damage that needs fixing and thought I would cover it with a little paint when done.
        ZUL8TR, hope everything is good with you, Stay Safe!!
        Harold

Comment

Originally posted by Harold8 View Post
          Thank you, I had some damage that needs fixing and thought I would cover it with a little paint when done.
          ZUL8TR, hope everything is good with you, Stay Safe!!
          Harold
          Make sure you clean the alum very well and use a good zinc chromate primer before top coat.

Thanks, so far rain and wind gusts to 50 mph it was good that the storm shifted east off the coast so inland 50 miles had reduced winds. Lots of debris all over for clean up.
          "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
          No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Leave it 'machine finish'...........800 grit. All that polishing and paint is just for show. Go look at a Merc Factory 120 engine. Machine finished units. I don't think Mercury High Performance puts machine finish units on it's factory race engines because they are to cheap to paint them!! It has to do with how they perform in the water.......

Comment

Working...
            X