Quincey Foot / Who's Race Boat ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincey Foot / Who's Race Boat ?

Hey I have two pictures, would like to know the year and the worth of the Quincey Foot.

Now i would like to know who built this well built boat and the history of boat if possible Please

By the way the foot is for sale

Attached Files

I think that's an old Konig foot. Links is German for left. The tail cone is a left handed thread.

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx Jeff for the info. Know how much to ask $?

I believe that is a Rocket Hydro built by Skeet Phillips from Oregon. He built a few of these "wing" boats as well as many other "normal" competition hydros and held the Kilo record in DSH and DMH for many years with this wing design. I know there is a C Stock wing boat in Region 10 (Canadian driver?). He Built a DSH for me that I ran for many years. I will drop Skeet a note and have him weigh in on this post.
    Steve
    106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx Steve for the info. What motor should I run? 20H or Yamato 80?

That is a Rocket Hydro that was built many years ago I can't tell by the pictures but it appears to be one I built for Dave Cossette. It was for the Merc 25SS or Merc B long course. Depends on the length of the afterplane which is the distance from the sponson transom aft to the engine transom, should be measured along the shear line where the non-trip and the bottom meet. Although it also could be one I built for Steve Bartlett that he ran in C stock when the Merc 4cylinder was the only engine. Both were built at about the same time, I think it was 1981. Are you close to Region 10? I would like to look at the boat.

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      I am in region 10, live in down town Snohomish, Thanx

Steve Bartlett's wing CSH and my DSH at Nationals in Dayton. Not sure of year (80's) but those are the Marcell kids in my boat which should date it a little. As I remember he was running A and she had a J.
    Steve
    106-R / TEAM JDS

sigpic

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx for the two AWSOME Pics! Yup looks just as mine. I think mine measures 9ft 8in.? So did she run Merc,Yamato, Konig? What speeds do you think has capable of? So anymore info out there would like to chat. Glen 425 315 5518

Originally posted by hydroman6 View Post
    Steve Bartlett's wing CSH and my DSH at Nationals in Dayton. Not sure of year (80's)
    I remember seeing this boat, or one very similar, at the AOF Nationals in Coralville, IA. Must've been in the mid 80's.

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      Was the boat green and white? or Metallic Purple? what class maybe? seems to be short of 10ft. Thanx Glen

Hi Jeff, the boat you saw in Iowa was my D which I sold and delivered at the Nationals to Lee Dingman. As a surprise the new owner of the boat set me up with a C, D, and E mod mercs engines and props to run. It was the second boat I built of that style and the first competition style. My first vented lift or what I called a wing boat was my Kilo D hydro which set two straight away records, one week after my daughter was born ---1981
    Last edited by Rocket; 05-24-2016, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• ZUL8TR
      ZUL8TR commented
      Editing a comment
      What were your speeds?

Present record:

DSH Kilo Straightaway World Record 89.837mph 10/14/2000 Lincoln City, OR
      Driver: Jim Hoban Owner: Jon Duvernet Steen Hull:Hoban Engine: Hannon Merc

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      So is this Skeeter? I am a little lost on the forum, I am new. JW Meyers told me toget on here to find what I need to know on everything, cool. So How I measure is the boat is 9ft.8in. JW redecked the boat allmost 20 yers ago.sanding on her I found a "Metalic Purple paint" if that helps. Like to talkon the phone much easier for me. So here is my cell 425-three-one-5-five, five, 18. Glen New guy at 63 and slim and healthy. Thanx

Originally posted by pburgford View Post
    Hey I have two pictures, would like to know the year and the worth of the Quincey Foot.

Now i would like to know who built this well built boat and the history of boat if possible Please

By the way the foot is for sale
    Unit is Old Konig, Only good for a collector parts are NLA including bearings maybe 200.00

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx Steve I will put on ebay. Glen

Originally posted by jeff55v View Post
    I think that's an old Konig foot. Links is German for left. The tail cone is a left handed thread.
    The Konig I bought new in 1961 had a gearcase like that with a left hand threaded cone. In '67 I bought a new Quincy that had a Konig gearcase of the next generation with a bolted cone. A Konig I bought new in the 70's came with a split case like the ones available new today from Rossi, VRP, and Konny. As-a-matter-of-fact one of the gearcases I use today is a Konig case with Rossi gears. Back to your lowerunit, It is of little or no value in the racing world today, but it could be of great value to a collector that is restoring an old Konig. You might want to put it on e-Bay with a high reserve and see what happens. - Tim Chance, Saint Louis, Missouri

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanx Tim on the info on the foot. I will list for 350 and go from there. Glen

There were two versions of that small Konig unit. The earlier versions had a single water pickup hole in the very front of the gearcase. The next variety was nearly identical except that the water pickup was slightly below the centerline of the case and a little bit back from the pointy end. So far as I can tell, yours is the earlier of the two, and came with 1:1 gears (the later ones were mostly 12:15). Someone (Steve?) can correct this, but as a wild guess, your early foot goes with any Konig racing engine, stock or alky, from about 1956 to about 1962 or so.
    Last edited by Smitty; 05-26-2016, 09:41 PM.

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      All of you people out there have been sooooo much Thanx Smitty for the info. Yes mine is the early unit, hole dead nuts center. I put on ebay last nite. Where may you be in Reg. 10? I am in Snohomish. Thanx Glen

While on the subject of Rocket Hydros, one made it's final lap around the pits this weekend in Newberg as one of it's previous owners laid it to rest.

Comment

• pburgford
      pburgford commented
      Editing a comment
      I do understand, allthough I have a "passion to revive." Thanx
Working...
X