Sorensen Jackel J Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorensen Jackel J Kit

Has anyone built one of the J kits , It looks like a great boat with proven history. Any coments or other other recomended boats? We will be running a Merc .. I told Jack he could have a runabout if he did well in the hydro last season.. He one region 1 hi points .. Guess I better live up to my end of the deal..

Yes, A great father son project. Boats are fast also. Can run J, AX and A.
    Started one a while ago for something to do and had to put it aside with other boat building projects and serious family matters plus a broken fibula. I highly recommend the kit.
    bill b

Comment

Jake Alkama

Jake runs one in "J" and "AXS" with good results. His father Gregg built the kit. PM me and I can give you contact info for Gregg if you want to discuss the build with him.
      Attached Files
      Tom L.

Comment

The new Jackal kits go together even nicer. The cockpit sides and other plywood frameing parts are cut with a cnc router.

Darrell

Comment

• kel0315
          kel0315 commented
          Editing a comment
          Who makes the skid fin for the jackle?

The Jackal is great!

Shawn,
        My son Justin and I built one and had a blast. See this old thread:

https://hydroracer.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7411

We have plenty more pics if you decide to buy one let me know and I will send them to you.

Heck, the kit is so easy even a nerd like me can build one!

You and Jack will enjoy the experience.
        Attached Files
        http://www.stockoutboard.com/

Comment

Let us know of different fin mount brackets that have been used on my Jackal runabouts. Darrell

Comment

Wow old thread- I used a 3x3 x 5/16 aluminum angle about 5 inches long .- installed a wood block inside the hull when we built it, and put the angle thru a slot in the side of the hull . it looked like a 3 inch fin on the out side of the hull - sealed around the slot with 3M 5200 . used 6061 T 6 for a fin with a swept back leading edge - installed with 2 5/16 bolts - had 3 sets of fore and aft bolt holes, Was a great boat to build and race.

Comment

Working...
            X