New racer wants to buy stock Y80 for Seattle area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New racer wants to buy stock Y80 for Seattle area

I'm getting started this year after doing New Folks in Boats and borrowing a boat for a couple of heats last fall. I'm hooked but don't have the $5700 or so for a new 321 or a few K less for a 302. Just bought a solid used hull and I'd like to find a good stock Y80 to compliment my 102 that is yet untested. The Y80 will allow me to run in B among other things. I'm slowly piecing it together so please message me if you have a Y80 for a racer new to the sport (or if you know someone). Thanks, Bob Embrey

Sent you a PM
    Chris Fabbro 2-F CSR / Carson Fabbro 95-F 25ssr, CSR, CSH, 300SSH / Greg Fabbro 63-F CSR, 25SSR

Comment

• Matt Dagostino
      Matt Dagostino commented
      Editing a comment
      Check with your Northwest SORC Commissioner Kyle Bahl.......he should be able to point you in the right direction! The US Yamato Importer is in Seattle and may also be able to point you to some old Yamato 80's in your area.

• Shorewood
      Shorewood commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Matt - I will be in touch with them too

• Racerkyle20
      Racerkyle20 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Bob- Let me know what I can do for you. I'm right next to you in Edmonds. Would love for you to get a Y80 and run BSH and 20SS. Would be a solid choice price wise for a starter motor. Plus you'll get multiple heats a day in 2 classes.

Kyle Bahl
      Last edited by Racerkyle20; 01-24-2019, 01:50 AM.

Sent you a PM

Comment

A 321 is not $5700... more like $3200 or close to that.
      John Adams

Comment

• Shorewood
        Shorewood commented
        Editing a comment
        Good to know!

BTW, SOA's monthly meeting is tonight 1/22 at 7:30pm at the Kirkland Eagles club. Would love to have you attend.

Comment

• Shorewood
        Shorewood commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks John - I’ve been coming regularly but missed November and will be working tonight.

You can throw a 7/16" restrictor in you 102 and its still a legal 20SSH motor....... if you're interested in that class
      Sean Byrne

Comment

• Shorewood
        Shorewood commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes thanks!
    Working...
    X