Madcap 13' Runabout Merc 402XS with trailer: Louisville KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madcap 13' Runabout Merc 402XS with trailer: Louisville KY

Hello all, I posted this on boatracingfacts but it's not showing up on the site... I'm wanting to sell the 13' Hal Kelly Madcap that I built three years ago (with the help and advice of the people on these forums). I just finished restoring an 1964 Chris Craft Super Sport and I just don't think I'm ever going to use this boat (wife likes the Chris Craft better). I'd like to see it all go as a package deal to free up the spot in the garage. Located in Louisville, KY

BOAT:
    Constructed of BS1088 Meranti from Noah's Marine
    Select grade pine for the frame
    Raka Epoxy (joints and coating)
    Bronze fasteners
    Fiberglassed bottom
    paint and varnish on outside
    Crittenden deadman throttle
    Brown Tool rigging hardware

MOTOR:
    402XS (unsure of year, will provide serial # when I'm home)
    Gearfoot serviced by Ron Thomas in 2015
    New (used) coils installed
    New CDI stator installed
    New gaskets all around
    DeWald prop (can provide specs later)

TRAILER:
    Harbor Freight bolt-together 600lbs limit. Bearings, tires, lights in good working order.

DETAILS:
    Boat has only ever been test floated. I never got it registered after several attempts (I think I was close though!) Motor runs great in test barrel on my driveway. Cone was removed and re-greased with John Deere corn-head grease after the 3-4 times I ran it. The throttle linkage I came up with to connect the deadman cable is OK for light cruising but I'm not sure I would trust for hard racing. Can provide any additional info or pics on request. Also have all the parts needed for installing electric start for additional $ if wanted.

PRICE:
    $2200 OBO

Working...
X