• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tohatsu

Looking to buy a good Tohatsu, please call me at 770 294 6154
    Thanks
    Herb

I'll trade you my best Tohatsu for your Freightliner. Deal?
    http://vitalire.com/

Comment

Originally posted by guedo499 View Post
      I'll trade you my best Tohatsu for your Freightliner. Deal?
      me too!!
      Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Tohatsus are becoming more popular in the south and south central, because you can buy the parts. Used power heads are fitted to the racing downhousing and foot. Improvement in boat design will make the heavy motor more controllable. We are thinking about a lay down, as weight up front doesn't seem to hurt the acceration. The old class weights are probably change as most come in weighing 500 pounds or more.

Comment

• baries
          baries commented
          Editing a comment
          Good evening Doc, think I ought to try Herb with one of my boats??

Daren and John, if both of you would send me your good prop as a down payment , I think we can make the trade.You guys can figure out who gets which half.On a more serious note, I will be out of the country for the next two weeks, I hope that when I get back there will be some good leads on an engine , and especially Daren and John, if you guys could give me your thoughts on what the ideal DSH built boat would look like dimensionally., and any other info that I would need to build a competitive DSH to run with the Mod's at first but hopefully DSH eventually.Bolt on or clamp on, those kind of questions answered. I prefer to learn from the best, I can't reinvent the wheel.Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Herb Lanphear View Post
          Daren and John, if both of you would send me your good prop as a down payment , I think we can make the trade.You guys can figure out who gets which half.On a more serious note, I will be out of the country for the next two weeks, I hope that when I get back there will be some good leads on an engine , and especially Daren and John, if you guys could give me your thoughts on what the ideal DSH built boat would look like dimensionally., and any other info that I would need to build a competitive DSH to run with the Mod's at first but hopefully DSH eventually.Bolt on or clamp on, those kind of questions answered. I prefer to learn from the best, I can't reinvent the wheel.Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!
          Herb, good used Tohatsus are very hard to find...………..save yourself the headache and just buy a NEW one from Alex...……..also, which one of my 2 props would you like? LOL

PS: contact Larry Darneille if you want a new DSH...………….but I hear there is a 3yr waiting list...……..
          Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Herb: There is a brand new Tohatsu sitting in Northern Indiana....I bought a used powerhead and new center section and foot from the guy....will try and remember his name. I have a decent boat that I built in 2011 and has been sitting for a few years....will send some pics if interested. If motor in Indiana is not around, take Darren's advice and get a new one from Alex. I think they are around 7 k, but don't qoute me on that.

Comment

I think the name of the guy I got the motor from is Kevin Pook......

Comment

• 250 Quincy
                250 Quincy commented
                Editing a comment
                There is a Kevin Poock in northern Iowa that I know that races & has a lot of racing stuff!!!

I have a complete powerhead just freshened. Has maybe 30 minutes since. Comes with carbs, ignition, flywheel. Crank was redone by Nydahl and welded. Also have another crank assembly. 314 741 0563.

Comment

Art: what are you asking for the powerhead? Might be interested

Comment

$1800 plus shipping. Bought the same thing new cost well over 4 grand.

Comment

Great deal!
                    Daren

​DSH/750ccmh/850ccmh

Team Darneille

sigpic

Comment

Sure is a good deal. Is it standard bore or .020 over? And where are you located.....

Comment

Standard bore, St Louis county.

Comment

Art: I am very interested. Could you find out price of shipping to Seattle area?

Comment

Working...
                          X