Y80 conversion to mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y80 conversion to mod

I have a tech question when you mod guys Tuen the stock Y80 to a mod. What Lower unit do y’all use? Or do you change the gears in the stock lower unit?

Charlie: The MOD rules require the use of the Y80 gearbox or the 302 gearbox in the Yamato MOD 350 class. You can use aftermarket gears but they must be the same 14/16 gear ratio that came with the gearbox. The R and S dimensions are critical but other than that you can change the shape without problems with the rules. Suggest you consult the MOD Tech Manual for further details.

john sharp
    8H

Comment

Why is this in the for sale section?

Comment

Charlie, will you be coming to Tabor City? There will be some 350s there, and some guys like Steve Dunn, Jerry Davids, maybe Cliff Johnson who can answer 80 mod conversion questions. I will be there also running 350 hydro.

Tom B.
        Tom Burwinkle
        11-K
        sorracing.yolasite.com/

Comment

I can’t make it this year nursing school I have class until 1 on Friday and clinicals on Monday 0630 sharp. Plus I am still having setup issues with my 25. Have a lot of work to do this winter.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrelboydeluxe View Post
            Why is this in the for sale section?
            Charlie just hit the wrong button.

Comment

Charlie,

A 25ssr should not be too hard to dial in. Call me and I'll do what ever I can.

Send me a PM.

Tim
              Tim Weber

Comment

Working...
              X