WTB: Yamato 321

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Yamato 321

WTB Yamato 321 or 302. New racer in need of an engine if anyone can help. Please PM me here. Not going to be used in 300SSH, otherwise I would buy one from TJ.

Thanks for any help you can provide, even if it is pointing me to someone that may have a motor.
    Last edited by ScatCat; 10-12-2018, 05:34 PM.

Good luck I have been on the list with Mike Ward since last December.

Comment

Contact Todd and Jay Anderson at 708-927-8479. They will have what you need.

Comment

Well, that didn't work. Bump. Still trying to find a 321 or worst case a 302. Any ideas for a new racer trying to get started? ^^Already talked to Todd.
        Last edited by ScatCat; 11-09-2018, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Bump. Still looking...anyone help a new racer? Thanks!

Comment

Reconsider 300ssH.
            Most fun you can have with your clothes on.
            More fun than a barrel of monkeys.
            Happier than a possum eating bumble bees.
            Call Jerry Davids ASAP. He changed my life
            522-P

Comment

I find it quite funny a few months ago there was only a couple of sealed 321's available in the USA. At a club banquet last weekend I was told there are 7 now available. Hmmm funny where did they appear from out of thin air. 300SSH is a great class I won't take a thing from it. But there other classes that use that engine and they should be made available to all.

Comment

• ryanbrew57s
                ryanbrew57s commented
                Editing a comment
                Mike, if someone gets out of the class Stock Outboard has been doing its best to make sure there motor gets into the hands of another newer driver for the 300 class. There are unsealed motors out there available, just more difficult to find. I bought my 302 this year, so I know they are.

• ajennings4p
                ajennings4p commented
                Editing a comment
                Ryan there are no 321 engines that are not sealed that are "available" this has been the issue for a few years now. We have the need for these engines and they cant be imported. but no one knows why they cant be imported. We need to make engines available or we are going to turn people away to something they can buy the next day.

• Ram4x4
                Ram4x4 commented
                Editing a comment
                So how is it sealed 321s are available if 321s can't be imported? Are they already sealed when imported, or is that a service provided by the importers after receiving the engines?

Just seems odd that sealed 321s go from 1-2 to 6 or 7 while others have placed orders for 321s almost a year ago and can't get them.

Not accusing anyone of anything, but something isn't adding up here.

I'm just frustrated that, as a new racer, I can't even find equipment to participate...or, apparently, I'm forced into 300SSH to be able to participate. I'm sure it will all work out in the end, just seems like alot of work for any new racer.

Comment

Don't get frustrated work through it and don't sell the 302 short because they are not the newest model. I ended up buying a 302 and I feel it's very competitive. The idiot behind the wheel ( me ) has alot to learn. My 321 wait has been going on for almost 1 year

Comment

I would be willing to sell my 302 to a new racer. Shoot me an email - csr311j@gmail.com.
                  Shawn Breisacher

Comment

• ScatCat
                    ScatCat commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Email and PM sent. Thank you!

I am also in search of a 302 or better yet a 321 for my boys . I am trying to put together a 500 mod motor. ( All of the necessary kit pcs are available and ready to go from the modified outboard catagory suppliers) Just need a power head. At the least. Any information , tips or last known whereabouts of any used or new, unwanted Yamotos please email Karl @ 850MR3F@gmail.com

Comment

I have a drop on stock 302 powerhead. PM me for details

Comment

I'm not sure why we have trouble buying a new 321. It has always been a good investment to buy the Yamato motors. Most sell their motor for what they paid for them. I purchased Y80 for 425$ , much higher now.

Comment

Originally posted by 14J View Post
                        I have a drop on stock 302 powerhead. PM me for details

Pm sent, Son & I racing @ TORC, provided contact details, requesting further 302 details
                        Stock Outboard Racing!....because other sports,....golf, football, baseball, etc....only require one Ball!

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro doc View Post
                          I'm not sure why we have trouble buying a new 321. It has always been a good investment to buy the Yamato motors. Most sell their motor for what they paid for them. I purchased Y80 for 425$ , much higher now.
                          Bought my first for $400 and got the 2nd one in trade for a boat trailer.

Comment

• squirrelboydeluxe
                            squirrelboydeluxe commented
                            Editing a comment
                            LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY YAMATO 80
                            ALL HAIL!
                        Working...
                        X