125 Mod towers are in production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 125 Mod towers are in production

I have two units about completed. The foundry sent me photos Friday with more parts poured. I will post photos with more detail in the next day or two, but wanted to get the word out as several people have contacted me wanting to know when they were going into production.

The price for them is $650 which includes the tower, saddle and clamps, thrust socket assembly, steering bars, pipe support, driveshaft with coupler, and throttle bracket. Actually, it is everything you need besides the powerhead and gearcase. About as close to one-stop shopping as you can get.....

For anyone who as already purchased at throttle bracket, you will be credited $30 towards the package price. I also will deduct $30 if you can provide a clean set of Mercury clamp brackets. I can verify if what you have will work.

These photos are still missing the copilot friction plate and the mount plate that connects the tower to the larger 8mm bolts that are on the front of the engine.

I need to find out how many of you are serious about getting these now. Please send me a note and let me know.

Thanks

Steve
    sroskowski@arcindy.com
    Last edited by modhydro; 04-30-2018, 10:18 AM.

STEVE !

YOU ARE THE MAN , THIS IS GREAT NEWS AND PRODUCTIVE HOPE FOR THE FUTURE OF BOAT RACING AND LOW COST FUN !

GOD BLESS YOU AND THE PEOPLE THAT SEE THE LIGHT !

REGARDS,

PAUL

Comment

Will the saddle and clamps from a Mercury Mark 25 work?
      sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

With so many variations in the Merc saddles and the fact that some are worn in the bushings, I simply made a new pattern for a center saddle to use the forged Mercury clamps. This way I know that they are all the same, tight, and it makes the copilot to tower interface all the same. For the clamps I am looking for the deep reach. They should measure 7" from pivot to tilt holes. There are variants of the tilt holes. That is OK. Here is a screen shot showing what I'm looking for.

Comment

• M Miner
          M Miner commented
          Editing a comment
          Steve are you looking for clamps? What engines used this clamp?

Steve, great looking piece, my question as a builder is; what is the distance from the clamp saddle to the center line of prop? Thanks in advance for yur help and again great job.

Comment

I am meaning the prop shaft

Comment

The propshaft depth when set dead level on a 15 degree transom is .7" below the bottom.

Here is a screenshot showing that as well as some photos of the first completed unit that was delivered today. These show things like the thrust assembly and all the stuff that comes with it better than the previous ones.

The whole thing as you see it on the engine stand tops the scale right at 20#.

Comment

The first 8 towers have been delivered. 7 more are ready to ship out. I have added a bracket that holds the ignition brain box and has an ear for mounting the starter button. This is part of the "kit" now and the price has been adjusted to $690. Here are some photos of a row of work as well as what we wound up with for the wiring. It is all on the engine with only the kill switch lead and battery cables going into the cockpit. It was all done using the PRD supplied wiring. We only had to solder on a couple of lugs....
              Last edited by modhydro; 06-28-2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Working...
                X