Want to buy: restored 75h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to buy: restored 75h

Looking for a fully restored ready to run 75h for a vintage F runabout.

Please post pics, info, and price.

Tom
    Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

$25K to $30K if you can find one. Only 26 built.

Comment

What I'm looking for is a good vintage stock F engine. I'm not the best at the models, etc. just looking to complete the boat, drive it, and show it.

Thanks,
      Tom
      Go Fast.. Break Stuff!

Comment

• hshawwpba
        hshawwpba commented
        Editing a comment
        Contact John Laird 425 746 2936
        He is in Seattle Wa.

At the 2012 AOMCI meet at Lake Shipp Winter Haven Fla Frank Erion had a restored by Doug Kay 75H Might still have it ?
      "Keep Move'n" life is catching up!
      No man's life, liberty or property are safe while the legislature is in session.

Comment

Originally posted by ZUL8TR View Post
        At the 2012 AOMCI meet at Lake Shipp Winter Haven Fla Frank Erion had a restored by Doug Kay 75H Might still have it ?
        Now that’s one nice piece of vintage racing equipment. Great nostalgia there.
        sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Frank sold it a fellow in Georgia a while back, it was a nice engine but not one of the originals. Doug sold another look alike to a fellow in Louisiana, not my brother, last year. Alan contributed parts for both.

Comment

Originally posted by A/B Speedliner View Post
            $25K to $30K if you can find one. Only 26 built.
            $25K to $30K...Yikes.

26 production units... Did they build additional tower housings and gear cases?
            sigpic

Dean F. Hobart

Comment

Here is one ready to go: https://salem.craigslist.org/bpo/d/m...442257727.html

Comment

I believe Frank Erion has another 75 H. Don't know if he would sell it or not.

Comment

My brother has two but not for sale. Tom the mod motor is not a 75H. It has a 55H foot and an after market mid section, no cowls. I sold an engine with a speedmaster for and 75 block to Brandon J. Doug built a clone our of a Mark 78 and sold it to Fred in LA.

Comment

The 75 H motors are like factory 68 Hemi Cuba’s and Darts, only about 60 of one and 55 of the other were made, but there are and were more of these racing than original. I think gentleman wants or maybe wants a clone is good.

Comment

Yes, there were extra towers and units sold. Between prototypes and production there was about an extra 50 or more towers and feet made to be replacement parts or for people to make their own 75Hs from their own blocks and such. I have the correct tower, foot, correct KA-6A carbs (only made for 75H), and I have a line on one of the flywheels (has an additional mark for Alky). There are only a few real serial number Mark 75H blocks, of which I probably will never have one, but don't need one. Mine will be completely real other than the block not having the correct serial number.

The other route is to get a slightly later Speedmaster or Super Speedmaster, on a custom tower and a Mark 75, 75A, 78, 78A powerhead and have fun for a lot less. I have one like the one pictured above, except mine has a Speedmaster (one year only) lower unit.

Comment

Working...
                      X